Recent content by fahadshery

1. F

Linkreal PCIe x8 to 4 Port M.2 M Key NVMe SSD Adapter with PLX 8725 Support 22110mm-LRNV9524-4I

Hi All, Any one tried one of these cards with PLX chips? I have one x8 PCIe slot available in my Dell R720. So I was thinking to get one of these cards, slap 4 x nvme's on it. Create a fast pool in my TrueNas. Cheers. Here is the link...
  2. F

4 x NVME on a card for Dell R720

Hi, I have been using a Rivo card with 1 x NVME in my Dell R720 server. Now I have accumulated 3 more and they're just laying around. I was thinking to install 4 x NVME on a similar card but then Dell R720 doesn't support bifurcation. Any recommendations?? Thanks
  3. F

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

long shot, not sure if you'd see it but do you have the cam control command pls? I have HUC101818CS4205 SSD's with type 2 protection on. I am getting Access denied when trying to format using sg_format.
  4. F

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

Hi, I have the same issue of type 2 protection, which commands you ran? Would appreciate if you could elaborate on this pls. Many thanks
  5. F

SAS 9300-8i IT mode

Hi All, I own a SAS 9300-8i card from Broadcom Are there any clear instructions on how to flash it to IT mode? Thanks
  6. F

LSI 9300-8i flashing?

Hi, were you able to flash the card to IT mode? I got a new card in the IR mode and there are no definitive guides on how to flash it to IT mode. thanks
  7. F

Install additional RAID Controller for TrueNas Dell R720

Hi, I already have a built-in H310 mini controller that came with the Dell R720 server. It was flashed in IT mode and working as expected. Now I wish to install TrueNas VM using proxmox and I can't pass this as is because I have my SSDs connected to it as well which form the ZFS pool for VMs...
  8. F

drives disappeared after reboot dell r720

Sorry, I found the issue! I had connected all SSDs and HDDs to the same H310 mini (in flashed IT mode). When I was doing the PCI passthrough to the TrueNas VM (via proxmox). It would hang. I think I will need to install an additional HBA and connect one backplane to it and pass it to the...
  9. F

drives disappeared after reboot dell r720

Hi All, I am running proxmox and got new HGST SAS drives. When I installed them (hot swap), they appeared in the disks. I then rebooted and everything disappeared. I have H310 mini in IT mode. Anyone has any idea what to do next? Cheers,
  10. F

Do I need to upgrade PSU from 750W to 1100W in Dell R720

Hi All, I recently bought a dell R720 with a single 750W PSU. It came with a DVD and 6 spinning drives and 96 GB RAM. I then replaced the DVD with an SSD (Using SSD caddy) and ordered: 1. A pair of Intel XEOM E5-2650 v2 processors 2. 16GB DDR3 PC3 ECC RAM x 4 (Total RAM would be 64 + 96 = 160...
  11. F

Booting off of H310 Mini Mono in IT mode

Hi, Does any one know why wouldn't I see the Ctrl-C option at the boot just like @BLinux show here? I also have the H310 Mini Mono card and flashed it using the @fohdeesha guide. Cheers,
  12. F

Guide: Flashing H310/H710/H810 Mini & full size to IT Mode

ok, even though it doesnt show up at the startup anymore... its working fine... cheers
  13. F

Guide: Flashing H310/H710/H810 Mini & full size to IT Mode

Hi again @fohdeesha Just rebooted the system and went into the system settings (BIOS F2). when I open up the Device Settings. I can no longer see my controller. Is this normal? How do I see if it's really in the IT mode and make sure all my drives are not in raid mode. However, in the OS it...
  14. F

Flashing H310 Mini to HBA IT Mode

thanks... all went fine....