Recent content by djbon2112

1. djbon2112

Canada [WTB] [GTHA, ON] 2U 12-bay Supermicro cases (or similar)

Looking to upgrade my storage cluster with a new set of 3x cases for further expandability. For bare cases, something like a Supermicro CSE-826 or similar, ideally with PSUs and the 2-bay 2.5" hotswap is a bonus. Not sure who else makes "just a case" except Supermicro, but I'd be willing to...
  2. djbon2112

Q1 2020 STH Lab Cleaning

I'd only need 12, but everyone else has spoken - glad I could help with the bump though ;-)
  3. djbon2112

Q1 2020 STH Lab Cleaning

Any chance the DDR4 is still available?
  4. djbon2112

WTB: Dell PowerEdge C6100 XS23-TY3 Components

I've got 2 bare mobos (the sleds are around somewhere) and 2 in sleds. I might have a few CPUs (L5520's or E5649's) too, but I forget what was in what. If any of that interests you let me know.
  5. djbon2112

Canada WTB 12x 32GB DDR4 ECC DIMMs

I'm very cost-focused here, and I only need 2133-ish speeds for the system they're going in. Local in CAD preferred but will entertain US as long as the shipping cost is reasonable/included.
  6. djbon2112

Canada [WTB] 3x Sandy/Ivy 1U servers (or a 2U quad)

What are the specs of each individual node? I'd only be interested in the X9 (got plenty of X8-era stuff).
  7. djbon2112

Canada [WTB] 3x Sandy/Ivy 1U servers (or a 2U quad)

Hey all, I'm in the market for 3x 1U or a quad 2U blade server(s), in the Sandy/Ivy Bridge era with DDR3. So HP G8's, Supermicro X9's, Cisco M3's, etc. I'd prefer one of those 3 brands over Dell/others, just because I know them, but really any manufacturer with sensible modern IPMI would work...
  8. djbon2112

Canada WTB: ConnectX-3 dual-port, 96GB+24GB DDR3 ECC REG, HP GL360 G6 2.5" blankers, C6100 empty chassis

Hello all! I'm looking for a couple parts to get my 3rd HP Proliant D360 G6 system up to snuff and to get my testing cluster off the ground. Specifically: * 1x Mellanox ConnectX-3 dual-port 10GbE card (MCX312A-XCBT specifically) - might be interested in 2 for the right price. * 4x HP Proliant...
  9. djbon2112

Quanta LB6M LACP trunk unable to pass traffic with vlans

Bumping this thread in the hopes that someone has seen this and knows a resolution. I'm getting to the point where I might want a 9th LACP group and this has become a blocker.
  10. djbon2112

Per-outlet metered PDUs... options?

They're all per-PDU metering though, not per-outlet. It's such a shame too - I almost bought two of these cheaper ones not realizing all the marketing BS about the difference. I'm glad I checked the spec page!
  11. djbon2112

Thanks guys, you've pretty much confirmed what my own research has - these aren't cheap :-( > - Rig up your own by opening a basic PDU, add current transformer per outlet and a decent ADC with your favorite Raspberry Pi like board for measurement and logging. This is likely going to be the...
  12. djbon2112

I've got 8 servers: one C6100 chassis with dual PSUs, three machines with dual PSUs, and one machine with a single PSU. I'm looking for options to determine the per-port power of each of these, along with my other networking gear. The downside is that none of my devices are "new"/advanced enough...
  13. djbon2112

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

Has anyone figured out how/if PVLAN is supported on the LB6M? Going through the LB4M manual there doesn't seem to be anything obvious, though knowing this switch I'm sure it's there just under some weird name. Edit: And I check and the manual has been found! You guys rock! Hopefully there's...
  14. djbon2112

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

I posted in Quanta LB6M LACP trunk unable to pass traffic with vlans about this as well, but this thread has more traction. I seem to hit a limit of 8 LACP port channels on my switch: (s2) (Interface 1/9)#no port-channel static 1/9 Unable to convert static Port-channel to Dynamic. Maximum...
  15. djbon2112

BTFRS Opinions...

BTRFS is a mess for anything except a desktop system and has deep systemic flaws in its checksumming with RAID; so basically, it's a ZFS clone that can't do half of what ZFS can (like guarantee your data). Production? Never. Edit: Some posters mention "squashing bugs" about this in 4.12, but...