Recent content by Burksdb

1. B

Xeon D-1541 Quanta storage servers on ebay

Did you go thru all of the bios and firmware updates? i had one that was acting flakey before i did the updates.
  2. B

I picked up 5 to run a proxmox ceph cluster on. After working thru the bios and firmware updates everything has been running solid so far.
  3. B

That does seem to be the case. Nice catch on the rail in the pic. Sounds like you are already making some progress. I'll try calling later but i sent them an email.
  4. B

The rails i received are certainly the sliding ones. I'll have to reach out and see what they say.
  5. B

does anyone happen to know what screws to use on the inner rails that were included?
  6. B

DEAD: HGST SSD1600MM - HUSMM1640ASS201 - 400GB US $47.95 OBO

Nice! i picked up 4 and was looking for a way to do more then 1 at a time. Ended up scripting it to open a new screen for each ssd and 20 other sas drives to run at once.
  7. B

Hba with external ports

Just an update. Got the card in and everything moved around. Working fantastic and I was able to drop 250 watts of power. That's a win
  8. B

Hba with external ports

im just going to jump the psu's with an adapter and use the on / off switch when needed. Fan can run at full tilt wont be an issue. Thanks for the help
  9. B

Hba with external ports

yup thats in my cart ready to buy unless you think there is a better card to get
  10. B

Hba with external ports

The norco 4224 is running Ubuntu with zfs The norco 4220 is running Unraid the 1u is running server 2012R2 with hyper v but that was for testing and no longer needed. The hba is the part im struggling with. The M1015's are solid but i don't want to hack up the 1u case in order to get some sas...
  11. B

Hba with external ports

Hey guys I currently have 3 servers that i am trying to consolidate my resources into. 1u - dual 2670's 64gb ram 4u - Norco 4224 - 22 drives - dual 2670's 64gb ram - imb m1015 with HP sas expander 4u - Norco 4220 - 20 drives - dual L5640's 48gb ram - ibm m1015 with Intel sas expander I want...
  12. B

slow transfers over 10gb - maybe system / setup issues

Just wanted to stop by and give an update I did all the prep work to get the server running at max speed but forgot about the drives i would be sending data from. Fired up a couple other streams from my desktop across a few different ssd's and it scaled pretty well.
  13. B

slow transfers over 10gb - maybe system / setup issues

Hey guys so i have some extra hardware i am playing around with right now and having some issues. I am testing 10gb file transfer speeds and they are way lower then im wanting / expecting Here is my test setup Server: Asus Z8na-d6c dual L5520's 16gb ram Intel X520 10gb card connected over a...
  14. B

[f/s] [wtt] Ibm M5014

Hey guys wanting to get rid of my Ibm M5014 for a HBA or alike. Card Has the full Bracket no bbu / cables included. Card has been flashed over to 9260-8I and has worked without any issues. Price: $110 Shipped or Trade or Trade plus $$ if you have something better.