Recent content by Arrogant

1. A

ECC Memory for Supermicro A1SAI 2750F-Om

So, I had this rig sitting around for 4 years now, not doing anything (see posts on here from 4 years ago). Finally been up an running for a few months now, but I decided I want to add more ram. I had previously installed 2 8gb Kingston 204 pin SODIMM DDR3 ECC ram. It seems this is no longer...
  2. A

New build ZOL 24TB

Yea, it is really what I think will work best for me. I am slightly concerned with the configuration of mergerfs be fairly involved but I think I can get through it. I am still waiting on a good deal for WD RED 4Tb but in the meantime I will start configuring debian and various applications...
  3. A

New build ZOL 24TB

I have really been looking at the below option over the past few days. Any opinion of just going for setup very similar to this? It seems to have everything I wanted really. Debian, MergerFS, SnapRAID and Docker – The Perfect Home Media Server 2016 – Linuxserver.io
  4. A

New build ZOL 24TB

Sure, let me answer your specific questions and give more in depth requirements. First, ZFS is not 100% required but I figured it was the best so I wanted to try it. I would actually like about 14tb of storage capacity thus the original thought of having 6x4tb hard drives. Data storage will...
  5. A

New build ZOL 24TB

Hey guys, I (my girl actually) am finally able to start building our home server after sitting on the hardware for about 2 years. I have an avoton/supermicro combo in a mini iTX size. We will be installing 6 4tb wd red drives and plan on running Zol. Because I have been out of the loop for...
  6. A

50+TB NAS Build, vSphere Cluster and Network Overhaul

Cool. Have you experimented with two of these AP's running the same SSID, and using the zero handoff feature? Curious as to how the zero handoff feature works when you are in an area where the signal stregnth for both AP's is very strong, and your device cannot tell which signal is the...
  7. A

50+TB NAS Build, vSphere Cluster and Network Overhaul

Ok, another quick question with these, and this might be dumb, but I need to know. Assuming there are two of these running to a central structured wiring panel, do the cat6 runs to each of these get punched down, then go to the POE adapter, and then to the switch? Do POE adapters work after...
  8. A

Need recomendations on Switch

SO I need a switch because I have too many devices for my netgear router. I am looking for something that will have 10 ports at a bare minimum and is 1gbit at least. Now, I could go out and buy generic xyz switch at microcenter, but I want to make sure that I do not buy some crappy switch...
  9. A

Avoton 24tb Mitx Build

So, this is all up and running, except I do not have the storage drives yet. I am busy configuring everything on here, and have installed plex, and torrent clients, etc. I am wondering a few things now. What is the best vnc server, and client for remote access? I want to view the Ubuntu...
  10. A

A1SAi-2750F Will not power up

ITs weird. I cannot get any of the LED's nor the power/reset switch to work, but the box runs fine.
  11. A

Hyper-V All-in-One (Firewall, Router, ZFS, napp-it Web) - Under 60w

So I am completely jacking your idea, and installing basically this same setup on my new box. The only difference I am going to make is no pfsense, and no centos.
  12. A

Avoton 24tb Mitx Build

I guess I will start posting over here. The box is up and running, as I have accessed the bio, now I need to throw Ubuntu on it, too bad I cannot find a usb drive right now. Thinking of hitting walmart for one, might call off work tomorrow to get this up and running.
  13. A

Ok, I can access the bios now via KVM, now I think its time to put Ubuntu on a Usb Drive and get stuff installing.
  14. A

I will try it later, just want to get it up and running first. It really isnt that big of a deal to me if it is only ipmi as I dont plan on having a keyboard/monitor connected anyway.
  15. A

So, the thing is, it seems to only turn on via IPMI, can this be changed in the bios somewhere?