Recent content by am45931472

1. A

Did I burn up the IPMI temp sensor on my Supermicro X11SDV motherboard

Well i think i did a bad thing. I was doing some configuring in the bios getting ready to deploy one of my supermicro X11SDV-8C-TP8F motherboards and I forgot that these are 80w chips so I did not put a fan on the heatsink. It ran like this for 3-5 minutes when i started to smell something...
  2. A

Asrock Rack D2143D8UM last EFI/BIOS and BMC/IPMI firmware files

Has anyone been able to flash the bios on these datto boards to an asrock bios? I was able to update the ipmi using socflash but instantflash in the bios does not find any file to update to when i try to do the bios update there.
  3. A

Intel Optane 900p 280GB 100 USD

lol. you can buy the sabre raven code on ebay. people are selling them, or trying to, for $1000-$2500
  4. A

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

anyone know what power supply is in the ICX 7150-24p. I got a dead one. its clearly different than the 7250-24p and 6450-24-48p
  5. A

Noob questions about an HGST 4u60 JBOD

does anyone know where to get a 3d printer template for some hard drive caddies that would with this chassis
  6. A

How to get a HGST/WD 4U60 chassis (or similar)

does anyone know where to get a 3d printer template for some hard drive caddies that would with this chassis
  7. A

Help me pick an enclosure(s) for 80 drives

8. A

PM863 FW File

thanks. I probabbly should have thought about that but didnt think past the file extenstion. When trying to flash the file though i'm now getting an error that says "firmware update failed due to a failure in device interaction". I've tried checking the exact syntax for the flash commands but...
  9. A

PM863 FW File

I've got a corrupt firmware on my 960GB PM863a, wondering if anyone has the firmware file for that drive. Also wondering if its possible to dump the firmware from a good drive as I do have a good PM863a but I dont see any options in the samsung DC toolkit to save firmware. Also Ive gone though...
  10. A

Help buying rtx 3080

no no no
  11. A

Does an 8+ slot PCIe 4x motherboard exist?

Dont do it. dont turn a pc into a switch. its not worth it. performance is terrible. reliability is terrible. Just look through the forums here and buy a brocade icx 7250 or icx 6610 if you dont need it to be too quiet and can stand some noise. ICX6610 can be had for like 150$ on ebay.
  12. A

16GB Intel M10 Optane M.2 SSD $15.50 New?

I know for a fact that these drives are bootable. But also sequential write of 145MB hurts, not that you buy these for sequential write. We used these as boot devices for maybe 2 years but they were generally not worth it.
  13. A

Configure pfsense with using a single 40gb connection and multiple VLANs?

highly interested in this thread. Love pfsense, love my brocade 7250 and 6610. I know that from a performance point of view having the switch do all the inter-vlan routing is the way to go but my networking is not that strong and managing it all from pfsense is much easier, plus nice to have...
  14. A

New Home Build Wiring Recommendations 2020 Edition

well the last thing you want is a media converter hanging off the wall in your living room just to plug in a roku. Not exactly kid friendly, animal safe, or wife approved or cost effective.
  15. A

ASRock Rack X570D4U

Just FYI i beleive APU's dont support ecc ram, or at least Ryzen 2000 APU did not.