Recent content by AI4me

1. A

WTB any good deals?: ECC RAM Bundles for Old Dell Poweredge T410 via Ebay or other sources?

5500 series was 2009. At 7 years old maybe its just telling you it's time to retire. We're already retiring E5-2690 V1 systems since they're 180 to 200w idle when V4 systems we have are idling at half that plus we're getting consolidation by using fewer machines making our license costs lower.
  2. A

LGA 2011-3 Workstation with Xeon E5 1600v4, ECC RAM, and two GeForces 1080

Have you tested your GPGPU app? There are some on NVIDIA GPUs that can say 100% when querying NVIDIA-SMI but they're only using about 60-70% of TDP. Always RDIMM if you've got a chance. For SSD what about this? Intel SSD P3600 Series P3605 1.6TB PCIe SSDPEDME016T4S Sun 7090698 | eBay Better...
  3. A

AI and Deep Learning Lab storage - is this what you're using?

I've not seen many use FreeNAS for data science? What if I want to download the yahoo or Wikipedia data sets and train models with them?
  4. A

The Proxmox VE Thread

I'd never heard of ProxMox before this thread. Features look so good why don't more people use it?
  5. A

AI and Deep Learning Lab storage - is this what you're using?

I'm starting forums with vigor today. If I'm signing up I may as well join in right? So I'm going to build a small AI learning machine for my office. Here: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?posts/117292/ We've got pretty good connectivity at work but I don't want to put my skill...
  6. A

Why does HPE have huge marketshare but nobody on here uses them? Or maybe only a few do?

What's up with that? I've been a longtime lurker but HPE is #1/ #2 in market share for dollars and units but there aren't many people here who use them. What gives? We've got rows of HPE gear at work.
  7. A

Looking to build an AI machine like the one on the article

Hi I'm a later-stage ops guy than many of the kids in school learning this stuff. What I lack in time, I have in funds to be able to get hardware. I saw this article Optimizing a Starter CUDA Machine Learning / AI / Deep Learning Build and I'm really liking the design. If the author is on...