Recent content by 33_viper_33

1. 3

WAN Connection to Dell 7048P for pfSense Migration on Proxmox

Ok, I can confirm that my problem has something to do with a setting in the switch. For grins, I dug out an old netgear 10/100 5-port switch from my bin. My wan does work going through this switch from the modem to the proxmox vSwitch and finally to the pfSense VM. I wonder if it has...
  2. 3

After some more tinkering, I noticed that after some time, the link lights on the switch for the WAN port go out. Looks like the problem may exist between the switch and the modem. I would have expected the link light to remain illuminated despite not talking to pfSense.
  3. 3

Good day all, I'm in the process of converting from ESXI to Proxmox. I have pfSense virtualized and working on Proxmox with 2 bonded networks, one for WAN and one for LAN where the WAN is directly connected from the Proxmox host to the Modem. The next step is to configure Proxmox HA for the...
  4. 3

Dell Powerconnect 7048p Bind MAC to VLAN

Thanks Haitch! There is a port setting that defaults to VLAN 1. In my old net gear switch, this setting would default the port to untagged for VLAN1 and you wouldn't be able to change that port to tagged for VLAN 1 which isn't true in this switch. All other VLANs in the netgear had the...
  5. 3

Thanks Haitch! I think I solved it thanks in part to Haitch's experience with his HP switch. I set a test port to untagged on all VLANs, something my previous switches would prevent as only one VLAN should accept untagged traffic. I then plugged my camera that had a MAC address bound to one...
  6. 3

Hello all, I finally got around to upgrading to a PowerConnect 7048P from my netgear GS748TP (For sale if anyone is interested) primarily because it couldn't power my PTZ PoE camera. it also adds two 10GBE SFP ports and two 10GBE RJ-45 ports for uplinks. The switch is in place and working...
  7. 3

Off site 2 way sync, dissimilar OS

Outstanding guys! I'll look into Syncthing. I've been working on the owner and I am closer to getting him to switch to ZFS all around, but probably won't happen for 6 months to a year. Thanks for all your help!
  8. 3

Off site 2 way sync, dissimilar OS

Hi guys, I'm trying to identify a good method of conducting a 2 way sync between a ZFS (OmiOS) array and a remote windows owned hardware array. Both have nfs and samba shares. The arays are around 20TB in size with 16TB utilization. Please don't tell me to switch the hardware windows machine...
  9. 3

Mounting napp-it NFS share in ESXi 6.5

Thanks gea! I was using NFS4 as my primary. Using NFS3 with /poolname/filesystem worked like a champ.
  10. 3

Mounting napp-it NFS share in ESXi 6.5

Hey all, Been a very busy couple years and I haven't had much time for my home server setup. Just trying to get some things working again. I have ESXi 6.5 running Openindiana and Napp-IT. There is a pool called Atlantis-NAS and a ZFS filesystem also called Atlantis-NAS. I had no problem...
  11. 3

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

Is "8086 8c02 d3d0 false" unique to each individual motherboard or is it the same on all Supermicro Xeon D motherboards? If unique, how do I find the address on my board?
  12. 3

FS: Mellanox SX6036 and ConnectX-2 VPI cards

I apologize for posting this in the wrong section in my sleep deprived state. Can one of the moderators please move this to the sales section?
  13. 3

FS: Mellanox SX6036 and ConnectX-2 VPI cards

Good day all! I just upgraded my lab network and I'm selling off some of my old Infiniband equipment. I have a SX6036 for sale at the following link that has been fully upgraded to the latest MLNX OS and it is licensed for 56Gb. If you are interested, I will sell the switch to a STH member...