Mounting napp-it NFS share in ESXi 6.5

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

33_viper_33

Aug 3, 2013
Hey all,

Been a very busy couple years and I haven't had much time for my home server setup. Just trying to get some things working again.

I have ESXi 6.5 running Openindiana and Napp-IT. There is a pool called Atlantis-NAS and a ZFS filesystem also called Atlantis-NAS. I had no problem mounting the NFS share in windows but can't get ESXi to mount it. I'm using the following settings:

Name: AtlantisNAS
NFS Server: IP Address (only to rule out DNS issues)
NFS Share: Atlantis-NAS
NFS 4
Username: xxxx
Password: xxxx

I've tried changing the NFS Share to /Atlantis-NAS, /Atlantis-NAS/, /Atlantis-NAS/Atlantis/NAS, /Atlantis-NAS/Atlantis/NAS/. I also tried changing to NFS3. Non of these settings had any success.

I was reading that virtual network adapter types could present issues... It is currently set as an E1000e.

Can anyone spot any issues in my configuration?

-V

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Esxi 6.x supports NFS 3 and NFS 4.1
OpenIndiana supports NFS 3 and NFS 4.0

Everything is fine if you simply enable NFS in napp-it (NFS 3) and set permissions of the shared filesystem recursively to everyone@=modify with NFS in ESXi set to /poolname/filesystem (replace poolname and filesystem with yours). Hostname is not relevant as you use ip. If you need extra security either use the firewall or use a dedicated napp-it instance for VM storage on an internal switch.

Napp-it on Solaris supports NFS 4.1