Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jwegman

Mar 6, 2016
AXXRMM4R is the rack version I think. not the one for P4000m chassis.

-J
Yeah, I know... this has been covered before. AXXRMM4R comes with the AXXRMM4LITE module (which you had asked about), and it'll plug right in to any boards that accept the AXXRMM4LITE module. You just won't be able to use the dedicated RMM4 NIC (which most likely isn't a big deal for many people, as they may just need to unlock the iKVM and Remote USB media redirection)...

Gnodu

Oct 10, 2015
I don't think this is accurate. Here's a picture of 3 750 watt power supplies; one from a P4000M chassis, the other from an R2000, and the third, was a spare. Can you spot a difference (unfortunately the picture cropped the right side, but they are all equal length)?
https://goo.gl/photos/28TqmbrHRQmb8X2r9

Hint, the top was the spare, the middle was from the R2000, and the bottom the P4000.

@jwegman
I'm sorry- have been on the road, and ended up away longer than planned. However, I was able to verify that I'm not losing it... but I *think* there may be more than one power supply schema going on in the r2000 models.

1) Totally agree on your pics- those are all the same, and are what is in both of my P4xxx models.

2) My r2000 has a pair of these:
Intel FXX750GERPS Spare 750W Hot Swap Power Supply New Bulk Packaging | eBay
Note the:
a. double fans, and the fact that they are especially prone to ignoring the FRUSDR instructions- was a nightmare to get them quieted down.
b. much narrower copper/PCB interface

BUT...
3) The r2000 case definitely has two different mounting points for the power distribution board and power supply cage-- the second point looks to me like it would take the "CRPS" version of power suplies, as in your picture.

SO, I think it may be that they can be set up (via different dist. boards) to take either one.

If you are interested, I can take a pic of them side by side/stacked... should be home for the next week or so.

<edited to fix a quoting issue.>

JayG30

Feb 23, 2015

LINK to Intel FXX750GERPS compatible products
. ALL those systems have something in common. They are in R2000IP server system family (emphasis on IP).

Lets go a step further now. They all use an Intel S2600IP server board, which work only in the Intel Server System Family R2000IP or P4000IP. You can see this by looking the S2600IP compatible products HERE. From that I can conclude that the chassis used in the IP family are different, specifically in the PSU and distribution boards, then other P4000 and R2000 servers. The motherboard PDF shows compatibility as follows;
R2000IP
FXX750GERPS PSU
FBF750PDB (power distribution board)​
P4000IP
FXX750PCRPS: 750W Gold
FXX1200PCRPS: 1200 Platinum
PXX1600PCRPS: 1600 Platinum
FUPPDBHC: power distribution board (high current) for FXX750PCRPS, FXX1200PCRPS, or PXX1600PCRPS
FUPCRPSCAGE: CRPS PSU cage assembly
Note that even though the S2600IP BOARD is compatible with a P4000IP server family, it doesn't list the ERPS PSU, ONLY the R2000IP server family does!

Now go look up the P4000 chassis manual HERE. Page 5 shows you what P4000 chassis models work with what motherboards. From that you can see the P4000L chassis is the only one that works with the SC2600IP. Other P4000 chassis end in S/M/L-WS and work with all different server boards. In the spare parts you can see the whole list of power parts.
FUP365SNRPS: 365W Silver (looks like standard ATX)
FUP550SNRPS: 550W Silver (looks like standard ATX)
FXX460GCRPS: 460W Gold
FXX750PCRPS: 750W Flatinum
FXX1200PCRPS: 1200 Platinum
PXX1600PCRPS: 1600 Platinum
FUPPDBLC: power distribution board (low current) for FXX460GCRPS or FXX750PCRPS
FUPPDBHC: power distribution board (high current) for FXX750PCRPS, FXX1200PCRPS, or PXX1600PCRPS
FUPCRPSCAGE: CRPS PSU cage assembly
Might want to note that the FXX750PCRPS PSU actually works on either power distribution board.

So what can I conclude from all this? I'm going to guess your system is (or at one point was) an R2000IP. Perhaps you could take pictures because the PSU slot length/height should be obviously different. The FXX750GERPS is meant to be used in a R2000IP system containing an S2600IP board and wired to a FBF750PDB distribution board. It is NOT to be used in ANY P4000 system, even the P4000IP with an S2600IP board. And I suspect it will not even fit in other R2000 (non-IP system) chassis, at least not without some change in parts. So yes, The R2000 chassis have different power setups.

It would be nice to have a R2000 chassis compatibility manual like the P4000 one, but I don't see it anywhere.

EDIT: the reason I say it should be obvious about the chassis is because the R2000IP systems with the ERPS PSU's look like THIS (2 x 1U stacked PSU's and long). If it is outfitted for a CRPS power supply it looks completely different. And looking at the R2000 chassis I have with CRPS PSU's, I don't see how you would even be able to swap it over to take the ERPS PSU's with the way the back of the server is built (it's part of the chassis in that area).

Last edited:

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
@jwegman
I'm sorry- have been on the road, and ended up away longer than planned. However, I was able to verify that I'm not losing it... but I *think* there may be more than one power supply schema going on in the r2000 models.

1) Totally agree on your pics- those are all the same, and are what is in both of my P4xxx models.

2) My r2000 has a pair of these:
Intel FXX750GERPS Spare 750W Hot Swap Power Supply New Bulk Packaging | eBay
Note the:
a. double fans, and the fact that they are especially prone to ignoring the FRUSDR instructions- was a nightmare to get them quieted down.
b. much narrower copper/PCB interface

BUT...
3) The r2000 case definitely has two different mounting points for the power distribution board and power supply cage-- the second point looks to me like it would take the "CRPS" version of power suplies, as in your picture.

SO, I think it may be that they can be set up (via different dist. boards) to take either one.

If you are interested, I can take a pic of them side by side/stacked... should be home for the next week or so.

<edited to fix a quoting issue.>
I think the 'G' is Gold and 'P' Platinum.
CPRS - Common Redundant Power Supply.

Some Intel docs also use Cold. Don't know why you would get a cold RPS :)

P versions of different capacities come standard on the P4000M & L CPRS configurations.

I got tired of the noise from 1600 in my L unit and moved the PDB and used one of the 750W PS from the other unit. Ordered a spare for $20 to keep on hand.
Since I don't have the PS filler blank, just used a piece of cardboard for the time being :)
Ran the FRUSDR update just to make sure the SDR is in sync.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Yeah, I know... this has been covered before. AXXRMM4R comes with the AXXRMM4LITE module (which you had asked about), and it'll plug right in to any boards that accept the AXXRMM4LITE module. You just won't be able to use the dedicated RMM4 NIC (which most likely isn't a big deal for many people, as they may just need to unlock the iKVM and Remote USB media redirection)...
I tried to get one when the listing was active but wasn't successful

neutrino

Apr 6, 2016
Anyone know if the P4000M case can support a standard uATX motherboard?
Or are mounting holes specifically for EEB and CEB form factors only?

I'm considering the case for a rack mount 4U gaming rig...

jwegman

Mar 6, 2016

I don't see why not, here's an empty case which give you an idea of the flexible motherboard standoff placements:
https://goo.gl/photos/TpKQ2V4ZdV24WriT8

In fact, here's a shitty picture of my ASRock C2550D5I miniITX board in an old 5u Intel SC5300 chassis before I moved it to something a little more svelte:
https://goo.gl/photos/fku2VMiDbTbre4v68

Gnodu

Oct 10, 2015
@JayG30
I'm sorry, I did not realize there was an R2000 vs R2000IP case/size difference. However, your note sheds light on something I have been trying to figure out- let me digest that a little when I get home. In any case, sorry for leaving off that critical part.

On a related note - I think this may be part of what you were looking for.
Intel R2312IP4LHPC : Spares, parts list, and configuration guide
I know, not exactly on intel's site, but I couldn't find it there anymore.

I can take a picture if you like, but with the addition of the IP to the case model, I suspect, is not necessary. Let me know. I've not compared the power distribution outputs (from the two different formats), but I suspect they are fairly similar. (I.e. It's not like one gives you substantially more sockets to connect power cables to. Obviously, the function is pretty similar, since the same motherboard is involved!)

@nthu9280
You don't like to keep your power supplies *C*old? Lol- sorry for the typo there, I didn't catch it.

J Hart

Apr 23, 2015

There are a ton of mounting holes in there and I am 95% sure it will mount anything you want.

J Hart

Apr 23, 2015
@JayG30
I'm sorry, I did not realize there was an R2000 vs R2000IP case/size difference. However, your note sheds light on something I have been trying to figure out- let me digest that a little when I get home. In any case, sorry for leaving off that critical part.

On a related note - I think this may be part of what you were looking for.
Intel R2312IP4LHPC : Spares, parts list, and configuration guide
I know, not exactly on intel's site, but I couldn't find it there anymore.

I can take a picture if you like, but with the addition of the IP to the case model, I suspect, is not necessary. Let me know. I've not compared the power distribution outputs (from the two different formats), but I suspect they are fairly similar. (I.e. It's not like one gives you substantially more sockets to connect power cables to. Obviously, the function is pretty similar, since the same motherboard is involved!)

@nthu9280
You don't like to keep your power supplies *C*old? Lol- sorry for the typo there, I didn't catch it.
Here is the spares manual you want.

SINN78

Apr 3, 2016
can i use my flashed ibm 1015 (LSI9211-8i) sas cards on the intel s2600cp? and how good is Natex with packaging these boards do they ship with socket covers? etc also the i/o shields where you guys getting them from?

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
can i use my flashed ibm 1015 (LSI9211-8i) sas cards on the intel s2600cp? and how good is Natex with packaging these boards do they ship with socket covers? etc also the i/o shields where you guys getting them from?
I don't see why not. I'm using Dell H310 flashed to P20 IT FW without any issues.

rubylaser

Jan 4, 2013
Michigan, USA
Yes, I've had two m1015's plus an Intel SAS expander and three H310s in my S2600CP without issue.

Reactions: SINN78

Roy68

Apr 13, 2016
Hi first time to post on here, what an awesome thread! Spent hours and hours trawling through the pages.

I have recently acquired a S2600CP board from ebay US (Bethany) which I believe is Natex by a different name, I tried to order on Natex website but they wouldn't offer UK shipping (I'm in UK). The board came with 2x E5-2670 and some copper 1U heatsinks which probably aren't much good to me because I want to use the board for a workstation for rendering Blender projects. I checked the CPUs and thankfully they are the later stepping. I haven't powered it up yet, waiting for new PSU to arrive, but visually board looks OK

I struggled to find an I/O shield for this board (I know kalleyomalley has them for sale on Ebay US but $12 + $48.50 for shipping to UK is crazy). So I had a hunt around and finally found this listing from a Chinese seller. (note for EU buyers initially this did not show up in my search from ebay.co.uk, I had to search from ebay.com to find it). Postage is much more reasonable but It hasn't arrived yet, will let you know if it's ok when it arrives. It appears to have no paint which doesn't concern me. They have shield listings for other S2600 board variants too

Intel I/O io Shield BLENDE BRACKET S2600CP2,S2400SC2,and S2400GP2 New #G281 XH

For Memory I wanted to buy from Natex or Memoryamerica, these were cheapest I could find for the memory itself, but again no international shipping, or crazy high shipping costs to EU. So I bought Samsung 64GB 1600MHz Reg ECC from here:

New Samsung 32GB 4X8GB DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800R ECC REG Registered Server Ram

The memory took a couple of weeks to arrive from China, the DIMMs appear to be new, they were packed in plastic trays and wrapped in bubble wrap, haven't tested on the S2600 board yet but I dropped them into my old HP Z600 workstation and everything OK at least running at slower 1333Mhz.

Now searching for a case, I'm tempted by the Intel pedestal server case from kalleyomalley but some of you say it runs quite noisy, and I only need 1x|SSD and 1xHDD, I want this for a workstation that sits on desk next to me. Any case recommendations that will take this board?

Also CPU coolers, any recommendations?

Thanks for a great thread!
Roy

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
I purchased a Intel P4308XXMHGC Server Chassis (5 midplane case fans) (better redundancy) to go with Intel S2600CP2J motherboard and 16 sticks RAM. (Goods still in USA)

Are these cases loud? Too loud for a desktop? Would the $120 model with two case fans make a better desktop?

Is it better to go with active CPU heatsinks (maybe it will quieten the case?) and what model do you suggest?
If I go with active CPU heatsinks, do I need to purchase the Airduct?
Or is the Intel passive heatsinks adequate? Which model would you suggest?

Many thanks in advance for your feedback.