Yet another strange HD

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
This time it's 2. Both are about the same

These are Seagate ST3000NM0035's

Capture1234.PNG

Looks like they've been sitting, spinning and doing nothing else for almost 4 years.

Whaaat

Jan 31, 2020
Looks like they've been sitting, spinning and doing nothing else for almost 4 years.
No, this is what easily done by cleaning write/read statistics with the help of sg_logs -R It even works on sas ssd drives, doesn't clear endurance wear level counter though.

Reactions: Fritz

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
No, this is what easily done by cleaning write/read statistics with the help of sg_logs -R It even works on sas ssd drives, doesn't clear endurance wear level counter though.
That explains it. Thanks.

I have a factory "Clipped" 4TB HD that registers as a 3TB. The label says it's a 4TB. Would you happen to know if SG_Utils will restore it to it's full capacity?

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Update on the clipped HD. There's a program called HDAT2 that's supposed to be able to remove the clip. I could not get it to see the HD. In desperation I emailed the author and he replied that the program can't work with SAS yet. So I'm stuck with a 4TB labeled HD that's really a 3TB HD. I'll just have to live with it. Seems that "Factory Clipped" aren't very common. This is the first time I've ever heard of it.