Yet another S2600CP2 Fan speed question

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

StabMe

Apr 6, 2017
Build’s Name: Custom
Operating System/ Storage Platform: Windows 10
CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2670
Motherboard: Intel S2600CP2
Chassis: NoName Modded Chasis
Drives: 4 WD 500GB RAID10, 1 Kingston SSD
RAM: 32GB
Add-in Cards: MSI nVidia GTX 1060 3GB
Power Supply: Chieftec 700W
Usage Profile: 3D and Compositing daily usage workstation.
Other Bits: 2xDeep cool Maelstrom 240t watercooling system (per CPU)

Hey!

My first post here, so please be gentle.

So i bought this used workstation loсally and it worked fine. When the system starts, the fans would speed up to a full speed for a few seconds and get back to a comfortable noise level.

Then i started tweaking the system - added a GPU, changed the BIOS settings etc. At some point i screwed up settings so much that i had to reset the BIOS. After that, the fans spin up to 100% and never get quiet.

I ran the FRUSDR procedure, but it doesn't help. I use the following set-up:
CPU_Fan1 - waterpump1 (3-pin connector)
CPU_Fan2 - waterpump2 (3-pin connector)
System_Fan5 - Fan1 (Connected through Deep Cool PWM hub)
System_Fan6 - Fan2 (Connected through Deep Cool PWM hub)

Here is the photo of the hub:

This information i provide in SDR setup, but the fans still run at 100% speed. Both pumps and fans use 3-pin connectors. I've read somewhere that intel can only regulate the speed on 4-pin PWM fans, but i know they were very quiet when i bought it with the same exact set-up. And they are quiet during first few seconds after powering the machine on.

So, the question is - what am i doing wrong? Should i use different connectors? Different settings?

P.S. I've ran the search before posting and there indeed were similar threads, but they didn't have the solution and the questions asked were a bit different.

Last edited: