X9DRD-LF IPMI Log-in

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Peter847

Nov 1, 2017
I am a newbie to this forum, so please advise if I am posting incorrectly.

I have a Supermicro X9DRD-LF motherboard and I am having a problem logging into the IPMI. The motherboard is running the fans at full speed all the time and I gather I need to adjust them through the IPMI interface. However I cannot log into the IPMI using either the web interface or IMPIView. The default ADMIN/ADMIN user/password fails even after clearing the CMOS settings.

anyone know why I can't get access?

Peter847

Nov 1, 2017
Ah, thought resetting the CMOS would do it but thinking about it I understand that is only the BIOS, I'll try the instructions in the link.

Thanks

Truckin

Jun 4, 2021
Late to this post, I know, but just running into this issue. So I have a Supermicro X9DRL-3F /iF in a 24 bay SM chassis. When I download the tool mentioned above and try to run the Windows program directly on the server itself it just pops up a screen for a split second then it disappears. Nothing else happens. So, does that mean I have no choice but to run it in DOS? If so, do I have to reboot the system and have a DOS USB ready to boot from? I am unclear how he gets to the part mentioned above when he can make a selection to change user options, add a user, delete etc....

Truckin

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
Late to this post, I know, but just running into this issue. So I have a Supermicro X9DRL-3F /iF in a 24 bay SM chassis. When I download the tool mentioned above and try to run the Windows program directly on the server itself it just pops up a screen for a split second then it disappears. Nothing else happens. So, does that mean I have no choice but to run it in DOS? If so, do I have to reboot the system and have a DOS USB ready to boot from? I am unclear how he gets to the part mentioned above when he can make a selection to change user options, add a user, delete etc....

Truckin
I assume you mean ipmicfg, which is a command line tool.
As such you want to open a terminal (cmd.exe) inside Windows (you may need to open the terminal with administrative privileges).

Truckin

Jun 4, 2021
Yeah, it was a little confusing because the download has a windows version (.exe) but anyway. So I did run the CMD.EXE as admin and then I "CD" until I got to the ipmcifg dir that had the exe but when I tried to run it the program says access is denied. Even under Administrator it won't open or run so I can't change any of the IPMI info.

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
Yeah, it was a little confusing because the download has a windows version (.exe) but anyway. So I did run the CMD.EXE as admin and then I "CD" until I got to the ipmcifg dir that had the exe but when I tried to run it the program says access is denied. Even under Administrator it won't open or run so I can't change any of the IPMI info.
Well... in that case you may have more success with FreeDos and the DOS version of ipmicfg.