X9DRD-7LN4F IPMI issue

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
I won a bid and the board turned out to be defective and the seller sent me a replacement and said to discard the defective one.

Initially it gave 5 beeps no display and I couldn't get into IPMI. Disabled on board video. Bought a cheap PCIe 1x video card and finally was able to boot it today. IPMI init took a long time and failed.
BIOS update to the latest was successful but still no IPMI. Even the DOS update failed with an error message. Changed the BMC jumper to disable IPMI and boots up without any issues.

Is there a way to force flash the IPMI firmware?
I'll try again and capture the error message and upload the pics.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
SuperMicro might have way for you to do it like they have for rescuing a crashed/failed BIOS update too.
Contact their support and explain same as what you did here... what you did, how it's owrking, etc, and ask them point-blank like you did here too.

I have a 2011 v1/2 SM board that crashed on bios update and the rescue/emergency didn't work and they said to just RMA it to them and they'll fix it no questions asked, no cost, etc... I of course just put that on the shelf and ordered another, still on my 'to do list' but it's a process of filling out RMA form, getting support to authorize itthenmailingtheboard.

sorry thiskeyboardinmyotherof ficeis dieingnospace haha

Reactions: nthu9280

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
So now I wonder what that stands for... :p
Yet another effed up ... kcs ?

Edit - Found it:

YAFUKCS

YAFUKCS (Yet Another Firmware Upgrade Keyboard Controller Style) is used to flash the firmware in the DOS environment via the KCS (Keyboard_Controller_Style) interface

Reactions: Monoman