X9DAi: Windows 10 BSOD ACPI_BIOS_ERROR

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

WEILI

Apr 15, 2021
I had the same issue and had been tearing the remaining part of my hair out, I tried running BIOSBits and FWTS to see if I could determine what was wrong in the ACPI space

Supermicro has posted a FAQ, which worked for me on an X9DAI with a single processor (E5-2687W)

Super Micro Computer, Inc. | Support | FAQs Search for "acpi_bios_error"

You should see

FAQ ID | Related Category / Keyword Date | Posted Code​
22823 | N/A | 04/01/16
Please disable jumper JPME1, re-flash the bios, and then try to update windows 10 again.

This worked for me

This was especially painful as I had important work to do and had fried my home system

Edit: PS Make sure after you flash the BIOS you power off as required
I am x9dri-ln4f+ Because of your advice I went to the official website to check the following information and tried to follow it and have solved the problem

You may try to re-flash the BIOS to resolve this issue. Please move JPME1 and JPME2 to pin 2-3 to put the motherboard in recovery mode and then re-flash BIOS. After the BIOS update is finished, move JPME1 and JPME2 back to default position pin 1-2.

WEILI

Apr 15, 2021
Anyone have one and have Windows 10 on it? I keep getting an ACPI error(ACPI_BIOS_ERROR) when trying to install. Windows 7 is working fine, I guess I can be "stuck" there. On the latest 3.2 BIOS.
TIA
[/引用]

You may try to re-flash the BIOS to resolve this issue. Please move JPME1 and JPME2 to pin 2-3 to put the motherboard in recovery mode and then re-flash BIOS. After the BIOS update is finished, move JPME1 and JPME2 back to default position pin 1-2.

hamzop

Aug 13, 2021
When Device Manager starts, locate Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control method battery. Right-click it, and choose Uninstall. Click the Scan for hardware changes button and let Windows 10 install any new drivers. Restart your PC. Roblox Guides get-mobdrovip.com

Last edited:

elfarto

May 16, 2022
XD9Ai with BIOS 3.3 Here! , I'm stuck at the ACPI_BIOS_ERROR, did the BIOS reflash with JPME2 set to position 2-3, still no luck same error (no ethernet cable connected, sleep set to S1).
Any chance that OP has kept a copy of BIOS 1.0b which seems to allow Windows to install ?

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
because it's is too old to support the CPU (2 x Xeon E5-2670v2), IIRC this board had older CPUs and when I upgraded it with these 2670v2 I had to flash a newer version before the board could post
you asked for 1.0b
which BIOS do you want now ?

elfarto

May 16, 2022
you asked for 1.0b
which BIOS do you want now ?
I'll install the old CPUs and keep my fingers crossed so it POSTs. Was there a key combo that allowed you to flash a BIOS from an USB in recovery mode ?

EDIT: System is dead, only the chassis fault light blinks, tried to load the BIOS as SUPER.ROM on a bootable USB and hitting CTRL + HOME like mad but no luck, i guess the lesson is that you can't downgrade from BIOS 3.X to 1.x

Last edited:

VJO

Jun 6, 2020
Hi I am getting the ACPI BIOS ERROR, When installing fresh windows 10 through USB, this is what I have done
Bios ipmi already updated to latest version
Change jumper to pins 3 and4, reflashed bios,.
Acpi to s1 mode , doubt is what are the steps i
Am missing. Thanks

Reactions: NormalGuy1999

NormalGuy1999

May 23, 2023
So I bought the very similar x9sri-f motherboard as I thought it would be cool to have 256GB of ram. Had a hard time loading up the device and stuff like that but I was completely unable to use Windows 10 on my pc. It's a gaming pc so luckily steam still runs of Windows 7. But overall, I tried windows 10, windows 11, legacy boot, uefi boot, flashing the bios to 3.3 (latest edition) coupled with changing the JPME1 jumper from 1 - 2 to 2 - 3 and back again. I even tried the ghost spectre modded gaming windows 10 OS but still it didn't work. Thankfully, I was able to download the redshift windows 7 modded os and it worked perfectly. So yeah, I can conclude that windows 10 does not run on these types of motherboards using the methods I just mentioned above.

X9dai_win10

Sep 19, 2023
Found a solution. I took a USB flash drive and used it as a boot disk for CLOVER, then inserted it into X9DAi and entered the Win10 system from CLOVER. After that, the blue screen error will no longer appear.
X9DAi_ACPI_BIOS_ERROR_Fix

Last edited:

billydv

Dec 8, 2023
From my experience, the usual culprit for newer Windows OS, 10 22h2 or 11 23h2, with older supermicro boards is intel management engine. Just grab your manual and disable it via the jumper caps,then all should be ok