X570D4U-2T2L - X570 Temp Sensor 90° at load

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TheTamago

Oct 29, 2022
Hello STG forumers,

This is in reference to my new home server build in DIY Server Build with the Asrock Rack X570D4U-2T2L. After running Memtest86, the X570 Temp sensor lit up reporting 90°C. At idle, its holding around 70°C and seems high and only 1 SATA SSD, 1 NVMe are hooked up. I can say that the air pressure push from the 80mm fans are blocked slightly by the Dynatron L35 radiator. When I place my hand at the back, I still feel a good amount of air exiting. The MB Temp sensor looks better with a 40°C average at idle while close to 70°C at load. Should I worry about this sensor else I'll need to find some custom screws to mount another fan or two because Dynatron has a very barebone kit. I did ask Dynatron support directly and they stated the thread diameter to be 6-32 and length to be 4mm. I do have 1 spare Artic P8 Max as backup and can place it in the zone where the X570 chip sits but might barely improve. Will need to find custom length screws though.

Any thoughts?