X11SBA-LN4F & Hyper V 2012R2

Discussion in 'Windows Server, Hyper-V Virtualization' started by Jax_the_Gnome, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Jax_the_Gnome

Jax_the_Gnome Member

I can't seem to get Hyper V 2012 R2 working on this machine, nor normal server2012R2 with Hyper V role installed.
    Any time I boot with
    "Intel® Virtualization Technology (Available when supported by the CPU)
    Select Enabled to use the Intel Virtualization Technology to allow one platform to run multiple
    operating systems and applications in independent partitions, creating multiple "virtual"
    systems in one physical computer. The options are Enabled"
    it crashes on boot.

Any suggestions? I'm on R1.1 bios.

2. marv

marv Member

First thing I would try is simply reflashing bios. I have X9SRL where vmware would not boot claiming VT-X is not enabled and server 2016 would not start VM in hyperV, even when virt support was enabled in BIOS. Reflashing same version solved the issue.

3. Jax_the_Gnome

Jax_the_Gnome Member

Thanks marv, I will try that out.

4. Jax_the_Gnome

Jax_the_Gnome Member

Well after getting back to it still causes a BSOD. I guess I'll be contacting Supermicro.
    Thanks for the suggestion MARV.