[WTS-FREE][Central FL] Local Pickup - Old Server and HTPC Chassis

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Magius

Oct 15, 2016
Orlando, FL
I have three old chassis I'd like to get rid of, and I thought I'd see if anyone on here could make use of them. They have some old parts in them too that you could keep, but my suspicion is that you'd trow them away. I'm not interested in shipping the chassis, I don't have good boxes and it's just not worth the bother. I live in Orlando and work in Melbourne, so there's a good stretch of central Florida where I'd be willing to meet up with someone and give these away.

Norco&Rose Front.jpg
#1 - Norco RPC-4220 (top in photo)
This is the older style with 20 drive bays and an optical drive slot rather than the newer 24-bay model. I only have 19 of the caddies, and two of those have no handle but are still usable. I replaced the internal fan wall with a custom made 3x120mm wall (the original was 4x80mm) so it runs a little quieter. In addition, one of the rear 80mm exhaust fans is broken, but you could swap in any 80mm fan to fix that.

Norco Inside.jpg
Inside this has an Intel S3210SHLC motherboard with a Core2Quad Q6600 and 8GB of DDR2 ECC RAM. It has a huge Arctic Freezer 120mm cooler to keep the CPU chilly and also two IBM BR10i 8-port SAS HBAs, flashed to LSI IT mode. No power supply included, but you can keep the optical DVD-ROM. For those who don't know, the BR10i is an LSI 1068e chip and limited to 2TB disks. This was a great little FreeNAS machine that I used as a replication target for my main server until last month when I upgraded.

#2 - [GONE!] Rosewill RSV-L4500 (Bottom in the first photo)
Rose Inside.jpgRose Spare Parts.jpg
This one has a Supermicro P4SCT motherboard installed with a Pentium 4c (Northwood I believe it was called?) CPU and 3GB of DDR memory. Yeah you're probably going to want to throw all that away :) It also has a Highpoint RocketRAID 2220 controller and a Seasonic 430W power supply, equally crappy. I'd be happy to move the power supply to the Norco chassis if someone prefers, but frankly I wouldn't use a 430W supply to run a 20-bay server anyway. This one also comes with the "tool-less" accessories for installing drives into the carriers, a key to lock the front panel and feet if you don't want to rack mount it. Unfortunately these are not hot-swap sleds like the Norco chassis.

#3 - nMediaPC HTPC chassis
nMedia Front.jpg
nMedia Front2.jpg
nMedia Inside.jpg
This is a cool little chassis from before there were such things as "streaming devices". I don't know if anyone still runs an HTPC but with some new internals this could be a nice little case. There's nothing behind the little window on the front panel. I believe there was an optional 2-line LCD module that you could put there that I never bought. This has a Gigabyte desktop board of some kind, either a Celeron E1500 or a Core2Quad Q6600 and either 6GB or 8GB of DDR2 memory. There's also an Antec 380W power supply and a Samsung BD-ROM. My records spreadsheet is a little ambiguous on these parts since several parts were traded around between this and my wife's old desktop :) Either way I assume you'd be throwing away the internals and just using the case...

Let me know if anyone is interested or has any questions. I realize this stuff isn't exactly top quality but before it ends up in the trash heap maybe it can find a second life, even as a space heater? :)

Last edited:

Magius

Oct 15, 2016
Orlando, FL
Can you get a job in california? if you do, Arizona will be on your commute and i'll take them. :p nice boxes for someone.
I used to live and work in San Diego actually, and I took a nice road trip through Arizona. If you feel like taking a Disney vacation I'll be here with the chassis :p

Magius

Oct 15, 2016
Orlando, FL
can I fit X9DRI-lnf4+ mobo into that norco? its 13.68" x 13".
Looks like a no according to their website, sorry.
  • Support EEB (12″x13″), CEB(12″x10.5″), ATX (12″x9.6″), Micro ATX (9.6″ x 9.6″), Mini ITX (6.7″ x 6.7″) motherboard

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Lovely cases that can use a new home. :) And remember that those old guts if still working are great to pass on to someone else for free if you're not going to use them. You'd be surprised how much some of that is worth. ;)

Reactions: Magius

Magius

Oct 15, 2016
Orlando, FL
Thanks @Samir , and yeah I'm hoping someone can get some use of this stuff. It was all working a few months ago when I created the post, hasn't been powered on since then. Its served me well, I'm not looking to get any more value out of it, but would be happy knowing someone else in the community got some use out of the stuff.
@marcoi the Norco is still available and I'd be happy to hold it for you while we figure out how to meet up. I'm just SE of the airport. Google says Gotha is just over 30 minutes away. PM me and we'll figure something out.