EU WTB: Supermicro AOC-2UR68-i2XS or -i4G

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

sko

Jun 11, 2021
I currently have an AOC-2UR6-i4XT in my home server, which only has 1x x8 and 1x x16 slot. The latter one has connectivity issues at the first 4 lanes - i.e. the first slot on 3 different quad-NVMe carriers is always dead while they all work fine in other x16 slots.
I also don't need/want 10GbE copper (X710 DA2 card installed) and those chipsets are insane power hogs and space heaters - so I'm either looking for an upgrade to the dual-SFP+ variant (i2XS) or just the plain, standard 4x GbE variant (i4G), but with 2 x8 and 1 x16 slots.

I'm trying my luck here, because prices on ebay in Europe/Germany for used Supermicro gear are completely decoupled from any reality - almost all offers are ABOVE the list price, some even near double the price for new parts. For example: the i4G variant is listed for 138EUR (including tax and shipping) at our supermicro dealer - the cheapest offer on ebay (used!) is 149EUR :rolleyes:

So if anyone has one of those risers lying around and is willing to sell at a reasonable price, please make me an offer :)