WTB: sata cable #6J3R2 for Dell C6100

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

yaazer

Jan 15, 2014
Hey guys,

Just got my C6100 and I need to get one of the 6 ended sata cable bundle for 1 node. I've read through some of the big threads but the links mentioned are all dead ends.

Anyone have one they're willing to part with?

Thanks!

shindo

May 7, 2013
WI, USA
I can't help you source that cable, but I used the following products from Monoprice in my C6100:

18inch SATA 6Gbps Cable w/Locking Latch - UV Blue
18inch SATA 6Gbps Cable w/Locking Latch (90 Degree to 180 Degree) - UV Blue (important if you fill the PCIe slot!)

They also have forward breakout cables if you need one:

0.5m 30AWG Internal Mini SAS 36pin (SFF-8087) Male w/ Latch to SATA 7pin Female (x4) Forward Breakout Cable - Black (for on-board sata)
1m 30AWG Internal Mini SAS 36pin (SFF-8087) Male w/ Latch to SATA 7pin Female (x4) Forward Breakout Cable - Black (for connecting to a PCIe card)

Hope this helps!

Shindo

Last edited:

yaazer

Jan 15, 2014
Shindo,

How does it look? those cables look beefier than the Dell equivalent. IS there still room for airflow? how do you route them?

shindo

May 7, 2013
WI, USA
These are a bit thicker than the Dell cables, but I had a hard time finding them for a reasonable amount, so I decided to try these. You can run them along the side of the node like the 6J3R2, though, so I don't think they impact airflow much more than the official cables.

Here are a couple of pictures...Though they were taken from my phone and aren't the greatest quality, they should give you an idea of how the cables are run.

Cables routed along side of RAM from daughterboard

Extra 3 cables connected next to PCIe riser

As you can see, the cables are a bit tight, but have been working well for the past 8-9 months in this configuration.

Last edited: