EU WTB: Ram trays

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Guillem

Nov 13, 2017
Wondering if anybody is looking to get rid of one or two ram trays (the ones that can hold a handful of modules). I would pay shipping and some amount towards packing, and even for the tray/s although free would be better :)

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Once upon a time I too was looking for some trays. The best deal I found was a memory company on ebay that would sell their trays in bulk for cheap since they were getting them with their inventory purchases and would otherwise be throwing them away. The quality of them was superior and they were cheaper to boot. The only problem is availability as the will sell a bunch and then have none and then have another batch and it will go. I'd look for that company because it was even better than shipping for someone else's trays.

Guillem

Nov 13, 2017
Once upon a time I too was looking for some trays. The best deal I found was a memory company on ebay that would sell their trays in bulk for cheap since they were getting them with their inventory purchases and would otherwise be throwing them away. The quality of them was superior and they were cheaper to boot. The only problem is availability as the will sell a bunch and then have none and then have another batch and it will go. I'd look for that company because it was even better than shipping for someone else's trays.
Do you happen to remember the name of the company? :)

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Do you happen to remember the name of the company? :)
I knew you were going to ask that, lol

Here's the two that I bought (one for DIMMs, one SODIMMs), but nothing in stock right now:

Guillem

Nov 13, 2017
Managed to get a handful of trays thanks to some nice people in the STH community. @Spartus thanks for the offer, but being in Canada, shipping alone would probably be more expensive than the tray itself :)

Spartus

Mar 28, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Yes probably, but I'm starting to save them. Sent a couple to Samir. He said they were nice (samsung trays)... what do I know, to me they were always garbage :p

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Yes probably, but I'm starting to save them. Sent a couple to Samir. He said they were nice (samsung trays)... what do I know, to me they were always garbage :p
lol. Yep, I have the trays that I linked to as well as Spartus's trays and his were definitely thicker/stronger/better. And any of these are better than the chinsy junk that people are selling as new which are thin and something the oem's would never use.