EU [WTB]Looking for DC Connector Dell Networking S5212F-ON

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kedzior

Mar 21, 2018
Poland
I have a question, can somebody can help with DC Connector for Dell Switch? I get it but I need to find proper power on connector.

Attachments

nihonjin

Lost in translation
Mar 31, 2021
Don't understand what do you mean... you have the cable? what do you need exactly and what is what are you searching for

nihonjin

Lost in translation
Mar 31, 2021
This connector number 2, this connector (two of them) is attached to every switch, but they are lost.
so you have a switch that is not suposed to work standalone and need to power it?

If the switch is not under warranty, open it, take one of the connectors off and just put/solder a power cable instead. You will need a power source, of course but not a specific cable.

kedzior

Mar 21, 2018
Poland
Yes I can do it in this brutal manner, but before that maybe I will find different solution for that like find this connector (I do not think that Dell design this connector).

nihonjin

Lost in translation
Mar 31, 2021
Yes I can do it in this brutal manner, but before that maybe I will find different solution for that like find this connector (I do not think that Dell design this connector).
brutal? lol

Ok, good luck.

brutal... lol :D

nihonjin

Lost in translation
Mar 31, 2021
Brutal if you in future would like to sell it.
brutal is if you do not know how to do it and you have zero skills soldering

if you do it well it is totally reversible. Just save the connectors somewhere for the "future sale"

Anyway, good luck

nihonjin

Lost in translation
Mar 31, 2021
I do sugest you to look for the cable reference and change the subject of the thread with specific info about what you are looking for, will be easier to understand. If you don't know or can't find it just say "I am looking (to buy, WTB) for the cables with strange connectors to power this dell *model* switch"

kedzior

Mar 21, 2018
Poland
Thanks for advise, but in any docs there is no PN or cable reference or I can't find it, Dell Networking S5212F-ON DC version.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
looks like special DSUB system,Amphenol,conec,
you have to order the contact plugs in separate

Oct 8, 2023

DELL sucks in terms of providing any meaningfull info on even the pinout info of the connector in discussion..
even the terms of the -48 V is meant to trip off of using own setups.. Then again, the PSUs providing -48V and being from DELL, nada..

I got that one connector (actually 4 of them) for my tandem s4112f DC psu setup

through trial and error I figured out the pin assignment of the connector ON THE SWITCH, when you look at the front of the switch and the DC connectors are to your right and you look them right in the dumb face:

1702921899966.png

CAUTION: when making the assignment on the opposite DC connector to use the opposite assignment of course ..
My switch PSU survived a polarity swap of the 48V, probably a good sign for a switch in this price segment, that it can handle reverse polarity,

as a DC Power supply, I use a

Meanwell SDR 480-48

works fine...

Last edited: