WTB: Dual port SFP+ 10gig card

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

bubsterboo

Dec 15, 2019
Hello,

I'm relatively new to the SFP+ fiber world. I have been using ebay bought mallanox connectx-3 cards with success. They don't seem to care what modules ive used which is great.
I need a similar card with dual SFP+ ports. What's the current best bang for the buck dual SFP+ PCI 3.0 card around that won't be too fussy about modules?

Thanks!

bubsterboo

Dec 15, 2019
uhmmm mellanox connectx-3 dual port aka mcx-312a ?? though looking at the bay prices - they seem to have actually appreciated in the last 2 years?
Yup... Thank you. That's what I need. I guess that's the end of the thread...
Has anyone used one of these for PFsense out of curiosity? Does it work in pfsense out of the box?

Dave Corder

Dec 21, 2015
Yup... Thank you. That's what I need. I guess that's the end of the thread...
Has anyone used one of these for PFsense out of curiosity? Does it work in pfsense out of the box?
It should. My ConnectX-3 card (dual QSFP version, HP branded and reflashed with the stock firmware) works perfectly in FreeNAS, which like pfSense is based on FreeBSD.

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
It should. My ConnectX-3 card (dual QSFP version, HP branded and reflashed with the stock firmware) works perfectly in FreeNAS, which like pfSense is based on FreeBSD.
I've used the SFP+ dual port CX3 in FreeNAS and it was just peachy so yeah drivers/performance etc. should be fine just like Dave says.

Reactions: bubsterboo