Wtb BPN-SAS3-826el1 metal support bracket.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pr1malr8ge

Nov 27, 2017
All, I just got a bpn-sas3-826el1 sans metal bracket as when I looked in my 826 chassis the old sas1 backplane was bracket less. Well it turns out I need the bracket.

I have no need for the older backplane if you would like that in trade also will have 2 e5-2640 v1s you can have in trade also. [the cpus are in use waiting on my V2s to come in the next few days.]

Reactions: Samir

pr1malr8ge

Nov 27, 2017
I found the part# i'm looking for mcp-290-82606-on.. Some smuck on ebay is trying to sell it for 40 dollars.. 20 dollars more and I can get the bracket and a full sas3 expander.. So I guess if no-one has the bracket does anyone want to buy a 826 sas3 expander for like 50 bucks as I'm going to have to order another one with the bracket.. The sans bracket one will work in the sc826 but you have to hold the backplane whilst pushing in the drives.

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
I found the part# i'm looking for mcp-290-82606-on.. Some smuck on ebay is trying to sell it for 40 dollars.. 20 dollars more and I can get the bracket and a full sas3 expander.. So I guess if no-one has the bracket does anyone want to buy a 826 sas3 expander for like 50 bucks as I'm going to have to order another one with the bracket.. The sans bracket one will work in the sc826 but you have to hold the backplane whilst pushing in the drives.
I'll mention this. I bought some nvme hybrid 826 backplanes. they came without the bracket. I had some SAS2-826 backplanes with the bracket . the metal brackets worked just fine on the hybrid. I have a SAS3-826-EL1 and a direct backplane SAS-826A and I believe I checked (curiosity) the screw locations were the same for the metal bracket. I'm away from home at the moment or I'd verify that for you.

You might find some SAS2-826 or direct 826 backplanes for cheaper...

If the "smuck" you are mentioning is TM_SPACE - they seem to have a line to the SM warehouse and can get pretty much any part you want - you just pay a pretty penny for it.

pr1malr8ge

Nov 27, 2017
I'll mention this. I bought some nvme hybrid 826 backplanes. they came without the bracket. I had some SAS2-826 backplanes with the bracket . the metal brackets worked just fine on the hybrid. I have a SAS3-826-EL1 and a direct backplane SAS-826A and I believe I checked (curiosity) the screw locations were the same for the metal bracket. I'm away from home at the moment or I'd verify that for you.

You might find some SAS2-826 or direct 826 backplanes for cheaper...

If the "smuck" you are mentioning is TM_SPACE - they seem to have a line to the SM warehouse and can get pretty much any part you want - you just pay a pretty penny for it.
By looking at pictures I figured the bracket worked for all 826 backplanes. and yes, TM_Space is whom I'm refering to.. I would just order it online and wait for it to be either direct-shipped from SM or from sm to the pob then to me. I refuse to pay tripple the cost I can get it new. I might have a line on one from a member of this forum. How ever thank you very much for the response.