WTB: 4U case for 24+ drives *completed*

Discussion in 'For Sale/ For Trade/ Want to Buy' started by elHeffe, Jun 11, 2018.

1. elHeffe

elHeffe New Member

I am looking to buy through paypal and have shipped to me, or pickup in the NoVA area, a rackmountable 4U case that holds 24+ drives as I have currently outgrown my current case by a long shot. It would be preferred if there were at least one powersupply, but at this point I am not picky. I am looking to spend less than $500 as I am currently getting ready to transition out of the military and have a) little monies, and b) am trying to save some of those monies for when we move. Thanks in advance.

2. GladLock96

GladLock96 Member

I have a total of three RPC-4224 4U 24 Bay Rackmount Server Cases that I'm willing to depart with. I can also sell you the associated SFF-8087 cables and PSUs if you're interested. More details can be found here - http://www.norcotek.com/product/rpc-4224/

I'm over in Reston and you can pick them up in person. PM me if you're interested.

elHeffe likes this.
  3. whitey

whitey Moderator

I also have a Norco 4224 I could part with for a VERY reasonable price, PM if interested. I AM in Colorado so shipping would be approx $80-100 but I am damn near letting this thing go CHEAP (nowhere close to $500, cut that in 1/2 and then some). A few 8087 to 8087 cables as well I'd just throw in at no cost.

EDIT: Sorry @GladLock96, not to trample you and you were first to offer so if it makes more sense to pickup more local I totally understand but I'd venture to guess that my pricepoint will be quite a bit more attractive as it's just sitting here unused and needs a good home. If cost sensitive I am flexible on this deal, as always I pack damn well to 'make the journey' and arrive in good shape.

Doubleninjaedit: I forgot this thing DOES also have a Supermicro X8 series mobo w/ onboard sas2 HBA flashed to IT mode so it's ready to rock for a stg appliance unless you fancy a newer mobo/CPU.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    elHeffe likes this.
  4. Neb

Neb New Member

whitey, if elheffe opts out I'm in CO and interested in the Norco 4224 :)

5. ehorn

ehorn Active Member

6. Aestr

Aestr Active Member

elHeffe likes this.
  7. elHeffe

elHeffe New Member

Made a purchase, thank you everyone!!