EU WTB: 32GB ram (2x 16GB DDR4 3200), 2x 6TB SATA or bigger NAS drivess

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gigatexal

I'm here to learn
Nov 25, 2012
Portland, Oregon
alexandarnarayan.com
I'm in Hamburg, Germany. So this is an EU request. I am using my gaming PC a lot more for work and could use more ram. Also, i am paying too much for a hosted server with a paltry amount of ram so I could use some storage for plex.

Looking to pay sub 150 EUR OBO for the ram sticks including shipping -- bonus points if they're white Crucial Ballistix sticks to match the ram I have in my box -- but that's not a deal breaker

I have been around here for a while, have tons of refs, and can pay with bank transfer, google or apple pay, or amazon pay, or paypal. If you have listings on ebay that's good too because I can use my CC to pay there.

Bought items:

HDDs

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I probably got a few 6 and 8 TB SATA drives but currently no idea re writes/PoHs
I definitely got a bunch of 6TB SAS drives with low hours

Reactions: Samir and gigatexal

gigatexal

I'm here to learn
Nov 25, 2012
Portland, Oregon
alexandarnarayan.com
I might have an SAS controller lying around. If not and you wanted to let go of the SAS drives even a sas2 slow poke controller would be fine and some cables. Again the sata drives would be fine too. These won’t get hammered so I’m not worried. And they’ll be used in RaidZ1

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Z1 means more then 2 drives ? - Then you shouldnt mix SAS/SATA/ RPMs/drive sizes
Or did you mean mirror?

gigatexal

I'm here to learn
Nov 25, 2012
Portland, Oregon
alexandarnarayan.com
Z1 means more then 2 drives ? - Then you shouldnt mix SAS/SATA/ RPMs/drive sizes
Or did you mean mirror?
Oh no I mean a mirror. I believe that’s raidz1. In any case I would hope to get just two identical (or close as possible) drives for this. I might even get another one for a hot spare far into the future. This data isn’t wedding photos or anything but it’s still important.

I'm dumb, zfs mirrors are just mirrors. Raidz1 is akin to raid5, thanks for clarifying @Rand__

Last edited: