[WTB] 1U Atom / Xeon / i3 with x2 PCIE and 10G?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

scp

Aug 5, 2015
I'm not entirely sure of a make/model for this, so looking for some suggestions. I'd like to get my hands on a 1U system that has x2 PCIE (pcie 2.0 x 4). Is this even possible to do in a chassis, or does that need to bump up to 2U?

Ideally, I'd like something low power like an Atom, but with 10G.

I'm trying to build a capture PC that can make use of x2 PCIe capture cards, then send those feeds out as network streams.

Anybody have a system / parts / suggestions that I could put together for something like this? Thanks!

smokey7722

Oct 20, 2015
Depending on depth limits you might be able to find a chassis but the best option I found to date was the Supermicro SC113M if you need short depth, though its limited to a single expansion slot. If you can find a single capture card that covers your needs then there are boards you can use that give you the 10G functionality. I may have a couple SC113M chassis I will be decommissioning soon as I upgrade the non-redundant power version of the chassis (sc113mfac2-605cb) to redundant (SC113MFAC2-R606CB).

scp

Aug 5, 2015
Depending on depth limits you might be able to find a chassis but the best option I found to date was the Supermicro SC113M if you need short depth, though its limited to a single expansion slot. If you can find a single capture card that covers your needs then there are boards you can use that give you the 10G functionality. I may have a couple SC113M chassis I will be decommissioning soon as I upgrade the non-redundant power version of the chassis (sc113mfac2-605cb) to redundant (SC113MFAC2-R606CB).
Thank you, I'll keep that in mind. I could potentially roll x2 low power systems, each with their own capture card. I have x2 Magewell Quad cards and wanted to consolidate all 8 inputs onto one system. It seems a little inefficient to break it to 2 systems, but could do it.

smokey7722

Oct 20, 2015
Thank you, I'll keep that in mind. I could potentially roll x2 low power systems, each with their own capture card. I have x2 Magewell Quad cards and wanted to consolidate all 8 inputs onto one system. It seems a little inefficient to break it to 2 systems, but could do it.
Understandable! I know depth was an issue for me so I was very limited with chassis options. If depth isn't an issue I would think you should be able to find an option for a chassis for your needs.