WTB: 16+ Intel S3710 800GB/1.2TB or equivalent

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

hrmgamer

Sep 18, 2019
Hi all

I'm looking for 16+ Intel S3710 800GB/1.2TB (all of the same size). I have a preference for Dell branded in 3.5" caddies (going into a pair of R730XD LFF). I'm also open to other SSDs that are 800GB+ and are on the S2D 2019 compatibility list (I'm happy to take suggestions).

I found this on ebay but the seller doesn't ship to Australia and I couldn't get a hold of them to organise a bulk purchase and pick up with my courier: Dell 800GB SSD 0DPD14 2.5" HDD with 3.5" Caddy Intel S3710 | eBay

Since I'm new to the forum I thought I should post my eBay user so at least you all have some purchase history:
hrmgamer on eBay

Cheers
hrmgamer

Reactions: Samir

R2D2

Jun 15, 2019
Shipito.com

I use them all the time for both high value (10K+) and large (full header-back car exhaust) and have had no issues.

hrmgamer

Sep 18, 2019
Thanks for the suggestion :)

I actually use reshipping services a bit, but I tend not to on big eBay purchases where I can't contact the seller because it chews up too much time in the DOA window, and eBay often doesn't accept the additional leg in the shipping as being valid for disputes :(

cdru

Oct 27, 2018
I Iound this on ebay but the seller doesn't ship to Australia and I couldn't get a hold of them to organise a bulk purchase and pick up with my courier: Dell 800GB SSD 0DPD14 2.5" HDD with 3.5" Caddy Intel S3710 | eBay
Did you try calling them? Or emailing their sales email address from their website? https://redstonepc.com/sales

I know eBay poo poos contact outside their ecosystem, but if they aren't offering to do the sale on eBay to begin with, it's not like eBay is losing their cut.

They may not want to deal with international transactions on a single item basis. I know I likely wouldn't as an individual both for buying or selling. But for 16+ drives they might...

hrmgamer

Sep 18, 2019
Did you try calling them? Or emailing their sales email address from their website? https://redstonepc.com/sales
https://redstonepc.com/sales
I used the form on their site I think two business days before posting here but still waiting for a response. I thought I might as well see if anyone in the community had something similar for sale. Maybe I should email them?

They may not want to deal with international transactions on a single item basis. I know I likely wouldn't as an individual both for buying or selling. But for 16+ drives they might...
Yeah I can understand how for those who don't do it often it can be a pain, which is why I offered to organise the courier if needed ;)

hrmgamer

Sep 18, 2019
I've gotten an offer from a seller I've used before for ~$150 a drive (S3710 800GB with trays). He's done some running around and is actually a pleasure to deal with so the extra $15 a drive isn't the end of the world to actually have seller you can work with!

The drives apparently have 30-40k hours but don't know the TB written (he's brokering the disks from somewhere else and was only told the hours). In a regular 7200RPM enterprise disk that wouldn't phase me because from my experience that's about half way through its life, but on SSDs is that getting too high to risk without knowing the TB written?

Thanks
HRMGamer

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
I'd say it's a bit hit or miss. Most enterprise SSDs I've seen have surprisingly little wear though. You can also get lucky sometimes: