Would this make for a good build?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
May 1, 2020
I've been looking around for a replacement for my old Gen 11 Dell server that is dying and I found this:

I wanted to get some confirmation if you guys thought it would be a good and upward move. I figured Supermicro would give me a better and more upgradable base to work from for future upgrades. I like that it comes with the rear 2x2.5 bay and it seems like it should have room for an NVENC GPU, my network card, etc.

It's right before the switch to DDR4 so I can reuse my old RAM and all I need to get is a new CPU.

So do you guys think it's a good deal or is there something better I should look at?

May 1, 2020
Shipping is a joke. I'd look elsewhere.
I did end up going elsewhere. Found a build that was ~$700 w/shipping before tax that was a full generation newer.
I don't get to reuse my old parts but it's probably better in the long run since I won't have near as much to upgrade if I need to and had updates as recently as 2021.

Reactions: Fritz