Workstation build [Supermicro H12DSI-N6 + AMD EPYC 7453]

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

epycmac

Sep 17, 2021
Hi,

I am trying to build a workstation using H12DSI-N6 motherboard and single AMD EPYC 7453. I am currently stuck in my build and writing to see if community can please help me to complete the build.

Following is my hardware:

H12DSI-N6 Motherboard.
AMD EPYC 7453 Processor in Socket CPU0
16GB DDR4-3200 RDIMM (MTA9ASF2G72PZ-3G2E1) [Placed 1 DIMM in slot as suggested by motherboard manual(C1)]
Noctua NH-U14S as cooler.

I am connecting my monitor with VGA on the board(no graphics card) and connecting a wired USB keyboard. When I power on the motherboard CPU fan starts spinning.
LED2 initially blinks with a regular interval (green light). (After turning power on LED2 first blinks quickly and then blinks green with regular intervals).
There is another LED that blinks and then turns off.

After these events nothing comes on the screen. I am not sure what am I missing. I have tried reseating the CPU, tried
multiple memory sticks in slots as dictated by manual but no gain. Same behavior where LED2 keeps blinking. Motherboard is outside the case
to avoid any short-circuiting.

I am wondering if someone here faced something similar and know what I am missing or can help me get out of this problem. I would appreciate any help that you can provide.

aosudh

Jan 25, 2023
Check the debug postcode in ipmi and refer to the user Guide to see if anything wrong with your hardware

epycmac

Sep 17, 2021
Did you try to connect to ipmi via ethernet?
Check the debug postcode in ipmi and refer to the user Guide to see if anything wrong with your hardware
Sorry for the delay. Please bear with me as I am noob.

I am able to connect to IPMI and can login to the web interface. but I can't find any useful information.
On the main dashboard it says:
Power State = Off
Even though CPU fan is running and I can see BMC light blinking.

Also, when I look at Component info it shows me as
AMD EPYC 7252 8-Core Processor
present in both sockets. Even though I have AMD7453 in single socket CPU1.

All the logs that I look they are pretty old form 2021. Nothing recent.

I have tried to look for POST Snooping it shows me:
Not sure what the code means for H12DSi-N6 board.

Last edited: