Windows

Discussion in 'Windows Server, Hyper-V Virtualization' started by pc-tecky, Jul 31, 2018.

1. pc-tecky

pc-tecky Member

sorry, figured this was the best spot for Windows 7 - been tasked with removing and disabling MS Live Messenger & MS Skype from Windows 7 for my father, something he manually closes at the moment -- never had this issue on my personal machines.. tried google already, but no dice so far with the directions given.. nothing listed as "Skype" in Startup folder and likewise nothing jumps out in "MSCONFIG.exe"...

2. pricklypunter

pricklypunter Well-Known Member

I don't know what state these apps are in, if the installs are corrupted or not, but here's what I sometimes do. I re-install first, this should install over what's there, assuming default locations were originally used, then use windows programs/ features to remove them again. You could always look for tools/ scripts or registry settings to manually remove the apps, then delete the install folders and local/ roaming profiles for them :)

3. pc-tecky

pc-tecky Member

ahh, there it is... thought it was more highly integrated to the OS, but uninstalling them works just as well..