Windows Switch Embedded Teaming Sucks!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Dreece

Jan 22, 2019
Well at least it does when I use it with a Chelsio T520-CR adapter card....

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? maybe I'm not? doesn't it just drive you nuts when you scour Google like a madman looking for a needle in a bovine-wastestack of outdated articles... and not even one technical article comes up showing *your* piece of hardware in a nice tutorial... well I mean I found this Mellanox one > https://community.mellanox.com/s/ar...al_switch_configuration_for_Mellanox_switches

...but Chelsio is not Mellanox... that much is obvious.

Effectively SMB/CIF speed is riding a virtual throttle of sorts... well that is what appears to be happening... from 150mb/s to 350mb/s, can easily see the transfer speed chart drawing hills... this virtual switch is also providing SR-IOV support to 8 VMs who are all showing an SR-IOV status of active. At least SR-IOV RDMA appears to be functioning correctly across guests as well as host - but the throttled speed is a real bummer of sorts.

It is at this point that I realise I have wasted too much time on this already so I must just go back to basics and use a pNic outside of Windows new wonder-feature of 'virtual switch embedded teaming'....

and wow, without any additional software wrapping its dirty claws around the hardware bar the driver, it just works... 1.15gb/s....

so my question, or my dilemma, have any other STH'ers come across this 'issue', or is it just a case of me and fate...

Last edited: