Windows 10 with Mallenox MNPA19-XTR

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Falloutboy

Oct 23, 2011
Anyone here running Mallenox MNPA19-XTR's on Windows 10 1803 Build 17134.81?

Looking at pulling the trigger on a pair of these and and SFP cable, wanted to know they would still work after my debacle with ASUS XG-C100C's.

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
I have one installed in my brothers workstation, it is recognised with the windows drivers and works.
If you want to set specific settings I would recommend to install the current mellanox drivers.

Reactions: Falloutboy

Falloutboy

Oct 23, 2011
I have one installed in my brothers workstation, it is recognised with the windows drivers and works.
If you want to set specific settings I would recommend to install the current mellanox drivers.
Query you say your brothers workstation I presume it's P2P or is it going through a switch?

Falloutboy

Oct 23, 2011
It was peet 2 peer, now it's going through a 10gbe switch
Thanks for that - bare in mind I'm new to SFP so i'm going to ask a dumb question - any cabling difference from pair to pair to the switch solution, I know base T networking used to require a cross over cable eons ago and that was eliminated with MDIX but i just don't know enough about SFP

Falloutboy

Oct 23, 2011
It was peet 2 peer, now it's going through a 10gbe switch
Well all I can say is don't try running one of these at the moment with an X399 system, my ASUS X399 Prime A can't even see the card - from what I have managed to ascertain AGESA is at fault, it configures the CPU, Memory, Hyperthreading and also from digging through the source code for it builds the structures for BIOS to see PCIe cards.