Where to buy genuine Intel NICs?

Discussion in 'For Sale/ For Trade/ Want to Buy' started by jcl333, Jan 17, 2018.

1. jcl333

jcl333 Member

Hello,

I have been seeing allot of people ending up with non-genuine Intel NICs.

I am looking for an i350 either T2V2 or T4V2, wondering if anyone here has a good way to get one that is less likely to be a fake.

Thanks

-JCL

2. am4593

am4593 Active Member

You can find them on ebay, they're just more expensive. There is an article on these forums somewhere explainging the differences in the chineese knock offs and the genuine ones. From what i remember of the real ones look for embossed not painted lettering on the Delta chips and the TX crystal chip near the center at the top has etched lettering, its not blank

3. jcl333

jcl333 Member

Right, I am just thinking they could try to sell the knock-offs at the higher price. And if you buy on e-bay, you might not be able to return it.

I was just seeing if anyone has a good way to try and tell before ordering, or if there was a reputable vendor (even on e-bay) that is the go-to for getting the real part.

-JCL

4. Jax_the_Gnome

Jax_the_Gnome Member

If you find a fake one you can always open a dispute about fraudulent items. eBay usually sides with the buyer.

5. SamDabbers

SamDabbers Member

I have a genuine Intel branded i340-T4 for sale. The main difference is that it doesn't have SR-IOV capability. Message me if you're interested.