Where can I source Celestica JBODs other than IXSystems ?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

bford

Apr 29, 2021
You know that cute trick that every boring vendor eventually tries to pull ? Where they want to sell you "solutions" instead of parts ?

IXSystems is pulling that now. They won't let us buy empty JBODs - they want to sell us hard drives at 50% premium.

So anyway ...

Where can I buy a Celestica Titan JBOD:

There are none on ebay. Not interested in the older, HGST version of this JBOD which is firmware locked to particular drives, etc.

Thanks.

BoredSysadmin

Not affiliated with Maxell
Mar 2, 2019
or

p.s: I've dealt before with iXsystem/TrueNAS Ent sales - they seem like reasonable folk - if you buy enough from them you could haggle that premium down to more reasonable levels

bford

Apr 29, 2021
We source our own drives and have our own QC/test procedures so it's just not an option.

Just like supermicro: it wasn't enough to just be good at something and have a product everyone loved ... they needed to get cute and start selling "solutions" and "adding value" and "partnering" with us so we could "move at the speed of business".