Where can I buy these M.2 SSD retainer screws?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
occasionally I get some used HW from eBay and I'm missing these M.2 SSD retainer screws, mostly in HP stuff. anyone know where I can find these? I imagine they are not expensive, but I have no HP P/N to search with and keyword searching hasn't resulted in anything useful.

IMG_20210201_143539639.jpg
IMG_20210201_143546422.jpg
IMG_20210201_143558926.jpg

lihp

Jan 2, 2021
occasionally I get some used HW from eBay and I'm missing these M.2 SSD retainer screws, mostly in HP stuff. anyone know where I can find these? I imagine they are not expensive, but I have no HP P/N to search with and keyword searching hasn't resulted in anything useful.
I dont mean to sound like a smart***, but... where you live, there are 2 HPE sites and 10+ HPE partners. Were I you, Id just try to get hold of one HP guy who listens to you, maybe even dug out via LinkedIn and plain ask if she/he gets you in touch with a tech guy or IT dept employee.

From my experience they are cool if you have such a request (please drop me such a screw). Most likely they are even fascinated hearing about your equipment and what you do and easily get you the parts you need.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
I dont mean to sound like a smart***, but... where you live, there are 2 HPE sites and 10+ HPE partners. Were I you, Id just try to get hold of one HP guy who listens to you, maybe even dug out via LinkedIn and plain ask if she/he gets you in touch with a tech guy or IT dept employee.

From my experience they are cool if you have such a request (please drop me such a screw). Most likely they are even fascinated hearing about your equipment and what you do and easily get you the parts you need.
For various reason, I would rather be able to purchase them than to rely on favors.

lihp

Jan 2, 2021
For various reason, I would rather be able to purchase them than to rely on favors.
Ok understood.

In that case ask a refurbished reseller with your picture, board type and a picture of the board where the screw belongs to: