Whats the deal with U.2 enterprise SSDs selling so cheap?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

PithyChats

Feb 3, 2015
My R440s had the blue loctite on the screws for the SAS HDDs. But they were screwed so tight, ended up stripping a few screws. Maybe someone just used regular loctite by mistake?
I've definite seen loctite and very tightly screwed screws, but never glued in. I checked a few more servers randomly and didn't find any glued, including 2.5 and 3.5, SAS, NVME and SATA.

EDIT - these are on Dell 14th and 15th generation servers.

Last edited:

DaveLTX

Dec 5, 2021
I've definite seen loctite and very tightly screwed screws, but never glued in. I checked a few more servers randomly and didn't find any glued, including 2.5 and 3.5, SAS, NVME and SATA.
I want to say its a one off accident but I've seen loctited drive screws on servers more than once...
And it was from a white box manufacturer I can't mention

PithyChats

Feb 3, 2015
I want to say its a one off accident but I've seen loctited drive screws on servers more than once...
And it was from a white box manufacturer I can't mention

I added context - this was for Dell 14th and 15th generation servers sourced through Dell direct.

Certainly have seen some funky stuff vis-a-vis HDD screws from white box manufactures, but never Dell, thought my sample set is admittedly somewhat small.