what power supply will fit in this motherboard?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Mike

May 29, 2012
EU
Interesting. They seem to have a 12V DC PSU design. The connector is actually documented: Intel S2600GZ | S2600GZ/GL - Page 116
The PSU's can be found under the CRPS product line. How about this and a 460w psu. Tempting.

Do you think the board would power on without all the SMBUS stuff? I figure that you could use half the ATX wire loom.

Last edited:

voodooFX

Jan 26, 2014
a custom one :)
and when you have the psu you have to think about the case..

Lost-Benji

Jan 21, 2013
The arse end of the planet
These boards come out of the 1U and 2U base servers and are cheap in the first place (I buy these servers for $1100 AUD, barebones (Chassis, 2x PSU's, 8x 3.5" drives bays and CPU heat-sinks).

Put the board in the chassis it designed for, put the PSU's designed for it in there and you have a working system. You will need the PCI-E riser cards to use the slots. You will also need to run the BIOS/BMC setup as well.

Last edited:

legopc

Nov 2, 2014
The Netherlands
These boards come out of the 1U and 2U base servers and are cheap in the first place (I buy these servers for $1100 AUD, barebones (Chassis, 2x PSU's, 8x 3.5" drives bays and CPU heat-sinks).

Put the board in the chassis it designed for, put the PSU's designed for it in there and you have a working system. You will need the PCI-E riser cards to use the slots. You will also need to run the BIOS/BMC setup as well.
but why are those motherboards so cheap? and i also found this board Intel DBS2600COEIOC Server Board - SSI EEB - LGA2011 Socket C600-A onboard Raid | eBay that is a new 2011 board that you can use with a normal psu and server case so how is it possible that it is so cheap?

Lost-Benji

Jan 21, 2013
The arse end of the planet
You can try to use that board on a normal PSU but you will have a banshee until you managed to flash the BIOS, BMC, & the rest as it will be looking for the dual supply control cable (Black 4-pin socket just between the 24-pin power and the P4 socket). Once done, then yes, it will work.

You are very correct about the prices but one would start to wonder if they are brand new or refurbished boards.

TType85

Dec 22, 2014
Garden Grove, CA
You can try to use that board on a normal PSU but you will have a banshee until you managed to flash the BIOS, BMC, & the rest as it will be looking for the dual supply control cable (Black 4-pin socket just between the 24-pin power and the P4 socket). Once done, then yes, it will work.

You are very correct about the prices but one would start to wonder if they are brand new or refurbished boards.
You are 100% correct about the system with a normal psu. I have a S2600cp2 board here in a intel p4000 (5-fan, dual 1200w PS) case that after flashing the bios/bmc/etc it is not much louder than my HP Z400 desktop once booted up.

Another thing to watch for is if you get a Intel board, to use all 8 ports on the SAS controller you need a key.