What is your experience with the products from Emerson and APC?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

John_Paul

Jun 6, 2016
So I have been buying products from both Emerson and APC. But my experience with both have been ok-ish.

wildchild

Feb 4, 2014
Have had nothing but good exp. With apc stuff, which includes their cabinets, powerbars, upses and cable guides

Blinky 42

Aug 6, 2015
PA, USA
I have a lot of APC equipment (UPS's, PDU's Racks/Enclosures) and generally positive experience with it all. I encounter a lot of Tripp-Lite as well, build quality isn't the same but far better prices, especially if you have to buy new.
@John_Paul Anything in particular that you were having issues with your APC and Emerson stuff that you are looking to improve upon?

cheezehead

Sep 23, 2012
Midwest, US
Racks/Enclosures - Solid
PDU - work well enough but charge a premium for per-outlet switched/metered setups...also seem to be a bit slow on updating the lines
UPS Units - They work with a few pain points. First the management interface still seems like something out of the 90's and older ones seem like a high school project. Secondly battery life over the long-term is a bit lacking (IMO Eaton has a better charging cycle which helps get more years out of each set of batteries). Lastly support costs, there's a point with APC gear when they start "encouraging" you to purchase new gear by way of quadrupling support costs year over year.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
APC isn't the best but it's usually the most cost effective AND available. Unless you're looking for that cable mgmt frame that hooks up to a AP7900 PDU. :(

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
Unless you're looking for that cable mgmt frame that hooks up to a AP7900 PDU. :(
AP9569. Other part numbers are 870-2536 and 0M-9609. The AP7769 is not compatible (it only works on the ATS, not the PDU).

Unfortunately, some people selling used PDUs have discarded the rack-mount and/or cable management brackets. They're usually the ones who also say "picture is representative only" in their eBay listings. :mad:

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I managed to make a deal with the seller that we could both live with. This kit includes 3 brackets that are compatible with all 1u APC 19" rack PDU's. They also work with the 2 Lantronics PDU's I have. You also get a serial cable and nuts/bolts/screws/tywraps. I took a chance ordering this because I didn't know if it would work with the AP7900 or not. Took a chance and won. There are none available on eBay at the moment but if you're in need, add Tray Kit 870-5319B to your watch list. :)