what do you call this type of washer?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
these are screws and washers are from a supermicro "rail kit". getting the bag of hardware is expensive, especially when i'm only looking for these 2 specific washers. i can find the screws much cheaper elsewhere, in 304 stainless even, but I can't seem to find the right key words to search for that type of washer. any help please?

rackmount_washers.jpg

K D

Dec 24, 2016
How many do you need? I have a couple that I can drop in the mail.

And BTW what are they used for?

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
How many do you need? I have a couple that I can drop in the mail.

And BTW what are they used for?
appreciate the offer! but I think I just ordered 100 of these so I should be good so long as what I ordered works.

The washer is to help center the screws pictured in the square holes of the rack. The screw secures the supermicro rack rails - they are not strictly required, but the rack rails can rattle a little bit when attached only by the latching mechanism. the screws make a solid connection between the rack and rails. i'm a little OCD so like to make sure my rails are solidly connected. when i buy used supermicro rails off ebay, they almost never come with the hardware. the picture is from a rail kit that I got that was brand new so I could see what hardware it normally comes with; figured i would use that info to just buy the hardware separately.

Reactions: K D