What CPU coolers to use with Gigabyte GA-7PESH1 LGA

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

skelleton

Nov 4, 2015
I just got me a decently priced Gigabyte GA-7PESH1 LGA of E-Bay and i am having a hard time finding what size a CPU cooler can be.
Both CPUs seem pretty close together so I want to use an active cooler, ideally a small tower cooler.

I could get a good deal on two Noctua NH-U9DX i4 but I am really not sure if they will fit and if they will block me from using RAM.

If you know if the Noctura Coolers fit or if you can recommend some CPU coolers for this board from experience, please let me know.

jahsoul

Dec 13, 2013
War Eagle Country
I just got me a decently priced Gigabyte GA-7PESH1 LGA of E-Bay and i am having a hard time finding what size a CPU cooler can be.
Both CPUs seem pretty close together so I want to use an active cooler, ideally a small tower cooler.

I could get a good deal on two Noctua NH-U9DX i4 but I am really not sure if they will fit and if they will block me from using RAM.

If you know if the Noctura Coolers fit or if you can recommend some CPU coolers for this board from experience, please let me know.
I'm using that cooler on my X9SRL, which looks to have similar distance between the slots for memory (albeit using the narrow ILM), but it doesn't cover the ram, but you do have to use finesse putting it in if you install the cooler first. Also, could you share that deal, I need another..lol. :D

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Can you fit the Supermicro 4U Active HSF combo? My fav. "if there is room" active HSF combo.

I use it in my 4U servers, and my desktop. One of my fav. features is how easy it is to install/remove, not that the EVO 212 is "hard" it's just not a sit on, screw in, be done, requires some aligning, holding pieces, and that can be really tight. FWIW yes it can scream insanely loud if your system is running hot but at idel I can't even hear my desktop over the 'hummmm' of my synology that's within 2' of me.

skelleton

Nov 4, 2015
Thanks jahsoul, Ill probably go forward with the Noctuas after checking out the supermicro ones.

As for fitting anything I don't really know what fits as the board is still in shipping (takes a while to get stuff from the us)
and ideally I want to have all the stuff ready at the same time.

fagiano

Feb 5, 2011
Singapore
I just made a build with a single LGA2011. I used a CoolerMaster Hyper T4. The cooler width is more or less the same as the 2011 socket so it would fit(airflow facing the I/O shield). It also fits tall ram as far as you install it before the cooler. The mounting lock mechanism is tool-less. It's dirt cheap. however is very tall, only suitable for towers(Square ILM only).

Alberto