Weird functionality of RS2WC040 RAID board

Discussion in 'RAID Controllers and Host Bus Adapters' started by T.J., Nov 25, 2018.

1. T.J.

T.J. New Member

Salutations!

My name is Jan and I have tampered with small servers for a few years, configuring small Intel, DELL, HP servers.

This particular one is an old server, Intel based, it has RS2WC040 RAID board with 3 70Gb SAS SCSI HDDs Seagate 15.5K rpm in RAID5. On this RAID5 there is a Windows Server 2003 installed.

In the Ctrl+G menu I see the Virtual Drive but it's offline with HDD0 not present/recognised and HDD2 Failed. The only HDD in the green is HDD1 as presented in photo.

I checked and HDD0 is spinning, I ejected it and mounted in bay 4 checking cabling and although it is powered it does not get recognised.

From my understanding having a RAID5 with 2 drives failed results in total LOSS... yet I would like to give it a shot to try and recover data but I am willing to wait for proper instructions is any, before attempting other tries. 20181124_181954.jpg

Thank you in advance, Jan.

P.S.: is there a professional recovery service to recover data from these drives and actually get the setup in a working order to have data saved ?