Web server "Wait" time - troubleshooting thoughts

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
What are your settings anyway? Is it possible that it and the nginx caching are conflicting?
It is possible. I have already done VM testing removing all plugins. I thought it was limited to the fact that the non-www version would somehow have cached differently than the www version but that appears not to be the case.

parawizard

Jan 28, 2014
It is possible. I have already done VM testing removing all plugins. I thought it was limited to the fact that the non-www version would somehow have cached differently than the www version but that appears not to be the case.
Do you have Browser caching disabled in W3TC? Ngnix I think should be handling that behavior.

I also read somewhere that you should check the folder that is holding the static pages (IIRC) for a blank cached file. It could be something like for some reason the static file being served is also blank because of a problem with generation.

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I have tried both ways on the browser caching.

Interesting on the blank cached file. Will look into that tonight.