WDS unattended file not working

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

legopc

Nov 2, 2014
The Netherlands
A friend of mine wanted me to make his WDS server so that he did not have to enter credentials every time. So i created a client unattended XML file using ADK and using a Windows Server 2012 R2 standard install image and added amd64_Microsoft-Windowns-Setup_neutral to windowsPE and then entered my credentials under Login then validated and all was fine, but when ever i try to add the XML file under Client and then both x86 and x64 it doesn't do anything.... i mean nothing no error no nothing. I have tried using several premade XML files but none worked i even tried it on multiple servers but it still doesn't work. So i would like to know what i am doing wrong, did i make a stupid mistake or is it something else because i really cannot find out what i have done wrong
Here is the XML file i use:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
<settings pass="windowsPE">
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<WindowsDeploymentServices>
<Login>
<Credentials>
<Domain>homelab</Domain>
<Password>NOPE</Password>
<Username>administrator</Username>
</Credentials>
</Login>
</WindowsDeploymentServices>
</component>
</settings>
<cpi:eek:fflineImage cpi:source="wim://net-terminal/users/legopc/desktop/en_windows_server_2012_r2_x64_dvd_2707946/sources/install.wim#Windows Server 2012 R2 SERVERSTANDARD" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" />
</unattend>

Marsh

May 12, 2013
A friend of mine wanted me to make his WDS server so that he did not have to enter credentials every time
Could you please give a example what you mean?
Autologin to WDS server , or Deploying Windows OS clients without entering password.

I love WDS server, and setup my WDS few years ago, and I don't have lot of expertise with WDS.

legopc

Nov 2, 2014
The Netherlands
Could you please give a example what you mean?
Autologin to WDS server , or Deploying Windows OS clients without entering password.

I love WDS server, and setup my WDS few years ago, and I don't have lot of expertise with WDS.
I mean so that when my friend boots up a new server then boots from WDS selects the language and then goes straight to selecting the install image and doesnt have to enter domain\admin and password.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
Here is my bootstrap.ini
[Settings]
Priority=Default

[Default]
DeployRoot=\\WDS1\DeploymentShare$
UserID=MDT
UserDomain=WDS1
UserPassword=Passw0rd
KeyboardLocale=en-US
SkipBDDWelcome=YES

I think you mean without entering the password in the first phase .
In my case, I created a dummy user MDT with a generic password = Password .

legopc

Nov 2, 2014
The Netherlands
Here is my bootstrap.ini
[Settings]
Priority=Default

[Default]
DeployRoot=\\WDS1\DeploymentShare$
UserID=MDT
UserDomain=WDS1
UserPassword=Passw0rd
KeyboardLocale=en-US
SkipBDDWelcome=YES

I think you mean without entering the password in the first phase .
In my case, I created a dummy user MDT with a generic password = Password .
Do i need to use MDT because i have never ever worked with it before and i think the same could be done with an answering file