WD SN640 7.68TB U.2 $250 + shipping

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Glad to hear it. With everything else on those cards fake, I would challenge you to prove that the Intel silicon is genuine. And remember, those cards were 7 years ago--today's fakes are pretty much run off the same line as the originals so only the manufacturer will know it's not legit via a warranty inspection.

I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm only stating an opinion, just as everyone else here is because none of us are the manufacturers of these devices and have the truth.

I'm also not here to play inductive/deductive reasoning games nor play Internet court ('burden of proof'--really?). The fact is that there are no facts (besides the fact that something that looks too good to be true generally is)--and that itself should be taken into consideration by anyone looking at these products that are not coming from the manufacturer or authorized outlets. The whole idea that direct from china goods are always perfectly fine is completely ludicris.
Sure, your opinion, but again, until you have evidence, it's just fear-mongering.

There are plenty of facts. Finding counterfeit silicon would be irrefutable evidence (best part: you only need a singular instance; easy eh?). Until someone furnishes something of that nature, well, again, just fear-mongering, which is doing plenty of people a disservice. China most certainly produces countless counterfeit items. They just do not have the capability to counterfeit modern silicon. No one does.

This is not all that much lower than US pricing anyway. This is what SSDs go for these days.

osrk

Sep 2, 2019
Since you can see genuine vs fake from a photo, can you tell me which if these is the fake Intel nic?

Intel nics still shipped with intel chips. Counterfeit NICs and ssds are not the same scam.

also if you’ve been paying attention to counterfeit SSDs they ship them with either a micro sd card or a smaller ssd with a counterfeit label. The one OP posted has neither. If you bench test the drive it’s fairly obvious as well if you do a full capacity write test. No one is going to go through the trouble of counterfeiting a nearly 8tb ssd and actually give it 8 tb of space.

I think this deal is not for you. I have other things to purchase this month but will probably pick one or two up in a month or two. OP graciously opened his drive pretty much nailing down that these are at least genuine.