WD Gold 16TB 3.5" SATA III 6Gb/s Internal HDD - $299.99

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
sold and ships from Beach Audio. The BA website shows 315 and change buy more for a low price of 304 and change. says they have 53 in stock.

In for a few from AMZ - I expect this to get cancelled.

Reactions: Samir

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
And that was fast. Had 9 in my cart for 170... then it changed my cart to 0 then I added 3 at 170 max left and they were 299.00 in the cart...

edit - and the 3 I could add were coming from AMZ not Beach Audio

I believe the deal is dead at 170.

JoshDi

Jun 13, 2019
i doubt that these will ship for 170 from beach audio or amazon at the 170 price. i hope anyone ordering them for 300 does get them shipped though. They are that price at NewEgg (wouldnt trust them at all with hard drives) or directly from Western Digital (probably your best bet)

JoshDi

Jun 13, 2019
i wish i was able to finish my order for 8 of them @ 170..... but the bathroom got in my way and then it sold out at that price. I hope they ship for you, but I have a feeling they will be cancelled.

I wish these were SAS drives... ive been trying to get rid of my sata to sas transposers.

Reactions: Samir and itronin

JoshDi

Jun 13, 2019
WD Elements
Sold by someone on their Marketplace $266.99
this is also a good deal. these will contain WD red drives that are with a white label. the Gold drives I posted in the OP are much higher quality since they are enterprise drives.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
i wish i was able to finish my order for 8 of them @ 170..... but the bathroom got in my way and then it sold out at that price. I hope they ship for you, but I have a feeling they will be cancelled.

I wish these were SAS drives... ive been trying to get rid of my sata to sas transposers.
Definitely let us know if they ship at $170 as that will be the deal of the century.

I know where to get one exos 16TB sas at a good price if you want to PM me.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
this is also a good deal. these will contain WD red drives that are with a white label. the Gold drives I posted in the OP are much higher quality since they are enterprise drives.
I'd say the extra warranty and reliability of the Gold beats this hands down, but apparently these do run cooler by some accounts so may be better for certain situations.

Just happy to see drive prices like this for everyone. :)

Reactions: JoshDi

JoshDi

Jun 13, 2019
My order shipped :) Looks like pricing was corrected on Amazon now.

oh im so pissed i didnt check out in time! I had them in my cart too.... my delays of waiting to see how many over 8 i wanted to explain to the wife why i needed cost me the deal.

Does anyone know if drives bigger than 10tb will work with a 9285-8e LSI Raid card? LSI SAS2208-based controller

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
oh im so pissed i didnt check out in time! I had them in my cart too.... my delays of waiting to see how many over 8 i wanted to explain to the wife why i needed cost me the deal.

Does anyone know if drives bigger than 10tb will work with a 9285-8e LSI Raid card? LSI SAS2208-based controller
Sucks but that's how married goes sometimes...as far as drive sizes, I'm not aware of any limits once you're past 2TB/4TB. I recently put an 18TB drive in an old Netgear readynas that was only certified with drives up to something like 2 or 4TB and it worked fine. I've actually got a 12TB in there now, lol. Can't wait until the 50TB drives hit and I can put 1/3 of a PB in this small 6-bay nas. :)

Reactions: JoshDi

JoshDi

Jun 13, 2019
Excellent! Unless I see another deal like this, I'll be soon replacing my 3tb WD red disk array with 10tb (or larger) sas drives in my 24 bay 4u DAS. Glad I could help a few STH people today with a monster deal

FlorianZ

Dec 10, 2019
When it comes to great deals on Amazon, my rule of thumb is to buy first, then do my research and ask questions later. It's so easy to cancel an order before it has shipped. And even then, you can simply return unopened.

Reactions: Samir and JoshDi

JoshDi

Jun 13, 2019
When it comes to great deals on Amazon, my rule of thumb is to buy first, then do my research and ask questions later. It's so easy to cancel an order before it has shipped. And even then, you can simply return unopened.
Completely agree. I missed the window by seconds!

doughnet

Dec 24, 2018
Received the 2 drives today @ $170 each.

Of course when I was about to bring down my NAS I had a warning from yesterday about an existing drive of mine had been "re-identified". Hopefully it'll be nothing; doing an extended scrub right now.

Fingers crossed!