Wanted: 24-bay c6100

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dba

Feb 20, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA
My cluster project could use another c6100 or c6145. If you bought one of the 24-bay units and don't need it, I can convert it back to cash for you. You might be able to get more for it on eBay, but if you'd just like to move it quickly - and be sure that it'll be used for something fun that will almost certainly end up as a STH article - send me a message.

Barebones would be best to keep my costs low, but I'll consider a more fully configured unit as well. Send me a message if you can help.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Might have one for you. E-mail me tomorrow. Also may be interested in the L5630's (still thinking about these).

bp_968

Dec 23, 2012
Just to help out a bit I'd like to remind people that if you sell something on ebay and use paypal to collect your money your average fees come out to 14% of your sale price. So if you wanted, say, 500$ for your c6100 (I have no idea, I'm just tossing a random number out there) then you could actually sell it to DBA here for 440$ and make the exact same amount as if you sold it for 500$ on ebay (actually you'd make fractionally more). Its also important to know that ebay charges that same 11% fee for your shipping costs. So if you charge them for shipping through the auction (like your supposed to) then in the case of something large (say 60$ shipping) you would actually eat 6.60$ in fee costs just to ship it to them (I am unaware if paypal charges the 2.9% for shipping as well, though I beleive they do which would push it up to roughly 8.40$).

So anyway, forum sellers, don't just search ebay "sold" listings and then use that as your price. Remember to remove 14% from your bottom sale price to account for what your going to have to spend anyway should you use ebay/paypal. Though do remember that the paypal 2.9% is there even if you don't use ebay (so only remove 11% from your bottom sale figure if they want to pay you through paypal).

My cluster project could use another c6100 or c6145. If you bought one of the 24-bay units and don't need it, I can convert it back to cash for you. You might be able to get more for it on eBay, but if you'd just like to move it quickly - and be sure that it'll be used for something fun that will almost certainly end up as a STH article - send me a message.

Barebones would be best to keep my costs low, but I'll consider a more fully configured unit as well. Send me a message if you can help.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Dba just needs to schedule a pickup time and name a fair price. :) I was away this weekend. Shoot me a mail/text.