Want to buy firewall / router self built pfsense / opnsense

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Peterkal

Dec 14, 2023
Hello,

I currently have Unifi Edgerouter 10X and want to buy a new one but this time I want to build it myself.

I am looking for a device like protectli which have CPU, upgradable RAM, storage, minipcie capabilities, minimally 4 Ethernet ports (minimum one Gigabit, maximum 10 Gigabits fast ports) (Not Chinese backdoors, bugs, spyware) I want opensource bios...

Not sure about TPM but I want that device as firewall/router, I will be running pfsense or opnsense, will use wireguard VPN, vlans ...

I want a reliable low power, secure firewall machine that have minimally 4, minimally 1Gigabit Ethernet for around 300 €. I can get sata SSD and RAM elsewhere...

The old Unifi Edgerouter 10X would serve as a switch in switch mode...

Not for million % sure that I want to run opnsense/pfsense in VM as guest and Proxmox on baremetal as host, but maybe it would be better solution and I am open to any ideas...

Can you advice me a hardware device that I can buy and is reliable, secure, somewhat powerful (for network traffic more than my current Edgerouter 10X) without SSD or RAM (I can buy mSATA SSD and RAM elsewhere) ??

I would not prefer Chineese boxes for security reasons and US based sellers for delivery price, import tax price reasons to Czech republic, only EU...

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
If you are open to getting some stuff from Canada, have a look and reach out to the OP: