DEAD: Used Ruckus R710 - good deal $150USD shipped or less in qty

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Listings are US Ship destinations only. YMMV

edit - first listed deal sold out quick.
edit - second listed deal sold out a few hours later.

I was searching for some R710's for a couple of friends and came across this listing on the bay.

there's also this deal for qty 5 at $540 USD shipped. which explicitly says NOT tested simply pulled from a working environment. definitely YMMV

this is a handy thread if you don't know about Ruckus AP's.

no affiliation with or knowledge of either seller.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir and Rand__

Scott Laird

Aug 30, 2014
FWIW, the R710 seems to have 5 more years of support from Ruckus. It went EOL in early 2022, but their docs say that it's supported until the end of 2027. So presumably they will keep receiving updates until then.

Ruckus has went downhill lately, compared to a few years ago when they seemed to be the best WiFi AP vendor, but they still allow free firmware updates, at least for Unleashed (their controllerless setup), and generally allow cross-flashing without headaches.

Reactions: Samir and itronin

Lambdariver

Mar 24, 2019
Thanks! Just picked up the 5-pack to replace my R600s. Good to get supported firmware and a bit more power to punch through thick walls.

Reactions: Samir

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I've got a couple of old as dirt 7372's I picked up for cheap and they work just fine. What would I gain by replacing them with 710's?

TIA

Sacrilego

Now with more RGB!
Jun 23, 2016
FWIW, the R710 seems to have 5 more years of support from Ruckus. It went EOL in early 2022, but their docs say that it's supported until the end of 2027. So presumably they will keep receiving updates until then.

Ruckus has went downhill lately, compared to a few years ago when they seemed to be the best WiFi AP vendor, but they still allow free firmware updates, at least for Unleashed (their controllerless setup), and generally allow cross-flashing without headaches.
How are the going downhill if you don't mind me asking? Just curious cause I like the APs quite a bit. Hardware wise, I've never had an issue.
But I've never used their support to be honest.

ms264556

Sep 13, 2021
New Zealand
ms264556.net
Ruckus have gradually changed to a much worse policy on security updates. You now get these for only 3 years after end-of-sale, so you've only got another couple of years on the R710.

Regardless, it's great to see used prices coming down.

Sacrilego

Now with more RGB!
Jun 23, 2016
Why is ruckus popular? I've never used it. Seems popular around here.
The reasons in my case are:
  • Reliable enterprise hardware with long software update support (apparently until recently) even after EOL.
  • Unleashed firmware allows an AP to act as a slight feature reduced controller for other ruckus APs. No cloud subscriptions required.
  • Easily available at low prices for APs that are about to enter EOL or announced EOL.
I don't have any experience with their customer support, so I can't say much on that end. However, like I mentioned in my previous post, I've also never had any issues with the hardware either.