[US] [WTB] Intel S2600CP2J

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

cyruspy

Mar 26, 2016
I have an aging LGA2011 setup that I would like to salvage. Current S2600CP2J MB is acting up, onboard Ethernet + BMC are dead and it boots up when it wants to.

I'm looking for an inexpensive fix replacing the MB with a fully functional S2600CP2J in case somebody wants to get rid of something like that :)

• Love
Reactions: Samir

hlidskialf

Apr 28, 2016
I have an aging LGA2011 setup that I would like to salvage. Current S2600CP2J MB is acting up, onboard Ethernet + BMC are dead and it boots up when it wants to.

I'm looking for an inexpensive fix replacing the MB with a fully functional S2600CP2J in case somebody wants to get rid of something like that :)
I have one I was trying to sell on HomeLabSales a while back that I just forgot to follow up with. Board with the 2760v1 and 128GB Hynix ram. Motherboard was working before I decommissoned it, however it's still a tempermental beast. Ports and BMC were working and it boots up, just sometimes it takes a while. PM me if you want to risk it. ;)

Reactions: Samir

cyruspy

Mar 26, 2016
I have one I was trying to sell on HomeLabSales a while back that I just forgot to follow up with. Board with the 2760v1 and 128GB Hynix ram. Motherboard was working before I decommissoned it, however it's still a tempermental beast. Ports and BMC were working and it boots up, just sometimes it takes a while. PM me if you want to risk it. ;)
Might give it a try. I'm coming back home next week and will try my last attempt at resurrecting the current MB. Do you care to elaborate on the "temperamental" part? how much are you asking for?

hlidskialf

Apr 28, 2016
Might give it a try. I'm coming back home next week and will try my last attempt at resurrecting the current MB. Do you care to elaborate on the "temperamental" part? how much are you asking for?
I've never had any problems with it running. However rebooting sometime seemed to hang for several minutes. I'm actually not sure if it was totally the board or my initial Proxmox install. (It was the very first hypervisor I ever used/learned/tinkered on.) It never failed to reboot, just seemed mulish at times.

Edit: Oh yeah, one other thing. The first PCIe slot won't work with a GPU in it. However the others do. The slot worked for a ConnectX2 and a USB3 card passed through, but not GPU. I seem to recall it being a quirk of the board but honestly I did the detective work years ago and once figured out stopped worrying about it. ;)

cyruspy

Mar 26, 2016
I've never had any problems with it running. However rebooting sometime seemed to hang for several minutes. I'm actually not sure if it was totally the board or my initial Proxmox install. (It was the very first hypervisor I ever used/learned/tinkered on.) It never failed to reboot, just seemed mulish at times.

Edit: Oh yeah, one other thing. The first PCIe slot won't work with a GPU in it. However the others do. The slot worked for a ConnectX2 and a USB3 card passed through, but not GPU. I seem to recall it being a quirk of the board but honestly I did the detective work years ago and once figured out stopped worrying about it. ;)
Thanks, I've seen the "hangs for several minutes" thing. I really don't like its behavior (seems Intel can only build decent processors & NICs). Unluckily ducts & case won't fit a Supermicro alternative.

Will ping you once I try my last install attempt.

PS: I'm still waiting for a price tag :)

cyruspy

Mar 26, 2016
I will have a X9DRi-LN4+ available here real soon if you are interested in that.
Thanks for the offering, I had really great experience with Supermicro in other builds. Unluckily I won't be able to make that fit with the existing case & accessories (P4308XXMFGN case + air duct + heatsinks)