(US) $557 NEW Intel Optane 905P Series 960GB 2.5" x 15mm U.2

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Edit: Yikes didn't do my homework enough.

Newegg has these for $557 Linkage limit 5

don't bother with the bay listing.

Original post.

600-700 is in the realm of what I see for used Optane 905p 960gb and honestly I have not seen that many and even fewer u.2 drives.
This listing purports to be new drives.

Linkage

Bit of a rich buy but it is the holiday season.

disclaimer, I have no affiliation with the seller, have never purchased from them and only did a quick scan of their reviews.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patrick and Samir

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Also, you can buy 5 on ebay and 5 on Newegg. If you wanted many of them. Newegg direct has a free additional U.2 to M.2 adapter.

There are U.2 to M.2 adapters already in the Optane box for the ebay ones. I think if you buy via Newegg directly you may get two adapters (the in-box and an extra one.) If you buy via ebay, you can get bucks if you have that coupon and still get the in-box adapter.

ArthurA

Sep 26, 2018
Also, you can buy 5 on ebay and 5 on Newegg. If you wanted many of them. Newegg direct has a free additional U.2 to M.2 adapter.

There are U.2 to M.2 adapters already in the Optane box for the ebay ones. I think if you buy via Newegg directly you may get two adapters (the in-box and an extra one.) If you buy via ebay, you can get bucks if you have that coupon and still get the in-box adapter.
Just received my shipment from Newegg retail site, no additional M.2-U.2 adapter only the one in the retail Optane box.

Reactions: Samir

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Just received my shipment from Newegg retail site, no additional M.2-U.2 adapter only the one in the retail Optane box.
Very interesting. I will let you know when mine arrives. The ebay ones did not have extras, but they did not have the add-on item like on the NE site.

dbTH

Apr 9, 2017
gosh darn it. I was looking forward to seeing firsthand that add-on m.2 to u.2 adapter as it really looked interesting.
The free U.2 to M.2 adapter as shown seems is genuine Intel accessory. You could order those extra accessories directly Intel online store (under "IntelCLick") few years back, but now they had shutdown that store

Reactions: Samir and itronin

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
The ones I purchased from NE directly had the extra tracking with a pair of adapters. They also had the adapters in the box. If you run a site like STH, this is actually very useful.

Reactions: Samir and triples

dbTH

Apr 9, 2017
The ones I purchased from NE directly had the extra tracking with a pair of adapters. They also had the adapters in the box. If you run a site like STH, this is actually very useful.
Unfortunately neweggs.com doesn't ship to "THE NORTH" neighbor in order to get the extra adapter bonus

ArthurA

Sep 26, 2018
Apparently I either didn't see the free add-on M.2-U.2 adapter checkbox or it wasn't available when I ordered. I pulled the trigger when the 905s were still backordered...

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
FWIW I have 4 of these (2 Direct 2 EBY) sitting here, if anyone needs an adapter let me know, not sure if I have them or not but I won't use the provided adapter m2-u2 adapter. If it was an add-on I don't have it though, only drive\box.

Reactions: Samir and triples

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
I am not sure I needed these… but… 10 days after posting still available and I had a promo code that means I paid that price with import duty’s etc for SG it was a sign